10.09.2013

Ding Ding!

I'm working on perfecting an apple crisp recipe which is only made with the good stuff and naturally, this means I must practice a whole lot.  Baked apple deliciousness frequently?  Yes please. 
 
Last night, I tried adding a slight drizzle of real maple syrup along with my other ingredients and then popped it in the oven. 
 
Set the timer. 
 
Timer beeped.  Went to check it and thought, hmmmm that's not done.
 
Put it back in and set the timer. 
 
Went and visited with Billy and our company. 
 
Timer beeped.  Went to check it and thought, hmmmm that's not done. 
 
I'll spare the repeating of that entire process one more time.  Which would make it three times total I did the same thing before I came back into the living room and sat on the couch and quietly whispered in Billy's ear, "I didn't have the oven on." 
 
He replied, "The whole time?"  Like he would expect a person to notice after the first or second time of opening the oven. 
 
"Yes the whole time."
 
"Is it on now?"
 
"Yes it is."
 
After turning the oven on, the apple crisp did indeed cook.  Funny how that works.
 
 
Today I was printing some data reports and the printer in the lab ran out of paper.  I opened the top drawer of the filing cabinet.  No paper.  Opened the third drawer of the filing cabinet.  No paper.  Left the room with the click click of my heels and came back shortly after with a ream, put it in the printer, and turned to look at the filing cabinet's second drawer which was nicely labeled with "printer paper."
 
"Guess I missed that one."
 
The custodian was standing there as he had been through the process, "I was kind of wondering what you were doing over there not opening the drawer that was labeled but I figured I'd leave you to it." 
 
We laughed and before I left the room I looked at the custodian, "Let's not leave me to things when they are real obvious like that, help a girl out next time." 
 
Because it makes total sense to open the top drawer and the third drawer and skip the second drawer which is labeled in large letters with the supply you are looking for. 
 
It's a good thing I can make a mean pie crust.  Right? 
 
Because that really ties in to what I'm saying here but I felt like I needed an ending besides making some corny blonde joke or explaining I live most days highly coffee-d up.  Surely that doesn't have anything to do with it.     
 


No comments: