10.08.2013

These are It

Sometimes when I'm sitting on a tiny chair with my one cowboy boot crossed over the other cowboy boot looking out at twenty give or take faces all looking back at me while we discuss what makes writing writing, I feel it.  Feel like yes this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing

 
Sometimes when I'm sitting across from a business owner and we are discovering their direct mail marketing needs and our wheels are turning and the ideas are spinning and the sale is made, I feel it.  Feel like yes this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.  

 
Sometimes when my camera is in front of my eye and the leaves are golden and twinkly in the fall sun with a family romping around while I say silly things and do silly things to get the moment, I feel it.  Feel like yes this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.  
 
 
Sometimes while I sit in my blue paisley with hints of coral office chair pecking on my keys and letting the thoughts go from my head down through my fingers to write it out, I feel it.  Feel like yes this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.  
 
 
Sometimes during the crocheting of a cowl or the crafting to create a rainbow yarn garland or the creating of a piece of wall art or the cooking of a made from completely scratch meal or the party theme planning with every detail aligning, I feel it.  Feel like yes this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. 

 
And then because there are so many yes this is its happening, it becomes one hefty balancing act.  And then in the real crazy times where the balance becomes more like an all helter skelter imbalance, I want to desperately give something up.  To change from yes to no.  To do only one thing or maybe even two things.  I lean towards throwing things right off my plate, not just throwing but more like catapulting.  


But then inevitably the flow comes to offset that ebb.  To do list items get crossed off and tasks are finished and events come to a winding end and then I'm so dang happy and full that I think to myself, I can't take one of these things away.  

If I take one of my yes this is its away, then I'm not living with and in the gifts which have been given to me. 

 
I'll keep teaching with my cowboy boots on and my hands flying all around.  I'll keep working with businesses to market their passions.  I'll keep capturing moments for other people because they end up capturing parts of my being as well.  I'll keep making and doing and planning the pretty I want to see in the world around me.
 
The key is balance and priorities.  Knowing when I have to simply say, "No not right now."  And knowing when to say, "Hell yes right now." 
 

No comments: