5.15.2011

Eat it Up

This day.  This day is so amazing already; it makes me just want to yell to the world, "It is so freaking beautiful out!!"  When I woke up this morning, for the first time in a real long time, the sun was shining and the wind was not blowing and my butt was only slightly pained.  So naturally I did what anyone would do on that kind of a beautiful Sunday morning.  I made coffee, grabbed a book, and sat on my patio reading and sipping coffee while the bright sun baked my body and warmed my soul.  

Then I laced up my tennies and went for a jog with the training partner.  We didn't even use our ipods.  Just visited and jogged and we both kept saying out loud, "This is perfect.  Really perfect."  And every once in awhile I had to throw in a, "Yes, everything is perfect about this except that my ass hurts, but it's okay, I'm just going to have to deal with it."  I had to just jog because of doctor's orders.  But even though it wasn't running, it felt good.  Like I was back in the saddle a bit.  And yes I am still really worried about finishing the half marathon on Saturday but have decided to just go for it knowing that will simply become a battle of just how much pain can I handle.  I hope I can handle all the pain it will take to get to 13.2 miles because it will literally crush me to not be able to finish.  

But enough about that.  It's an amazing day.  BEAUTIFUL out...like one of those days that makes me feel like God gave it to us just so we remember the fabulousness of being outside.  Mmmmhhmmm, it is that gorgeous.  

So I am going to keep on enjoying.  A zoo party later this afternoon for some dear friends' little guy is on the agenda and that ought to be a slice of good stuff.  

It's truly a sparkly streamer kind of day.  I hope you are able to get out and do something that bakes your body and warms your soul.  Eat up the day.  With a fork.  Just eat it up.  

 

No comments: