5.28.2011

More of an Idea

A few days ago, I put this as my fb status...

Here's a recipe for you. Buy one bag of raisins. Cut the top off the bag. Fold the flap over nice and snug. Set the bag flap down in the freezer. Take it out after it has had time to get nice and chilly. Pour some frozen raisins in a bowl and eat them. They will make you say yum. Just call me Julia Child.

I'm telling you frozen raisins just might be my new favorite thing.  I forgot to add to the directions to put the bag back in the freezer right away so you don't eat the whole thing. 

Just in case it's confusing, I decided to add pictures to this fabulous recipe.  Although my friend Wade, who I have known since before I was born, commented on that status telling me, "That's not a recipe, that's an idea.  Silly Amelia."  So maybe I should call it an idea.  But I told him that anything that requires two items in a kitchen constitutes a recipe in my world.  This takes a scissor and a freezer.  Two items.  And if you are wondering why he called me Amelia, that's a long story from high school and I kind of enjoy that the nickname has stuck around for, oh you know...ten years!  

Have I mentioned that my ten year high school reunion is this year?  Talk about feeling like I'm crossing over into the land of big time adult.  Oh boy.  I do know that it will be fun to all get together and pretend to be seventeen again.  I'm excited for that part. 

Anyways, I'm off topic.  

So first you buy a bag of raisins.  I like this kind but you do whatever floats your boat.  Or sinks your dingy.  You make the choice. 


Then, you take a scissor and cut the top off.  I could not figure out how to hold the camera, the bag, and the scissor while taking a picture but you get the idea.  As if I think you would actually need a visual to help you cut the top off a bag of raisins.  


Open the freezer.  


Fold over the flap nice and tight.  Like smush down all the raisins because the more they clump together when they freeze, the better.  And then place it in the freezer along side the frozen rice and veggies and blue ice pack. 


Let them get nice and chilly and clumpy togethery for several hours and then pour some in a bowl, go sit on your living room floor, and read your latest book club book.  Make sure you are wearing your favorite sweat pants.  

 
Frozen raisins.  They will make you say yum. 

Did I really take pictures of all of that?  Please know I'm aware of just how weird I am.  No need to tell me. 

1 comment:

matt n karisa said...

I have the same blue ice pack! Love love LOVE my clay pack! I bought it when I had the nastiest sciatica in grad school...I'm a little bit emotionally attached to it. Such a symbol of relief. Glad you have the same one to help with your own pain-in-the-bum. ;)