7.11.2011

Nectarine Bike Riding

As I sit here drinking my third cup of coffee and eating a juicy nectarine, I'm thinking of a few things. 

1.  Nectarines are the cat's meow.  Oh I don't really like that saying.  It has to do with a cat.  And a cat is one letter away from being a rat which is not a coincidence.  Nectarines are the pig's oink.  Nectarines are the rooster's crow.  Nectarines are the horse's neigh.  Nectarines are the cow's moo.  Nectarines are the lion's roaaarrrrr.  Better.  All much better.  But seriously, they are yummy right now and rather thrifty as well.  Nectarines are the sloth's...does a sloth make a sound?   

2.  I'm wearing a bright yellow tanktop and a too big v-neck gray tshirt with leggings and the shirt keeps slipping off my left shoulder revealing a whoo-hoo of yellow.  And it makes me want those 80s styles to come back. 

3.  Summer vacation without grad school.  It is spoiling me.  Really spoiling me.  Because I have time to think about these things.  

4.  I should have sunscreened my back yesterday.  Because it is July and the sun is hot.  Because I can't be wearing a swimsuit top hunched over picking weeds in a garden for hours and then play with kids and then ride horse without getting red.  Not sure who I thought I was.  Today, I'm referring to my back as 'mater.    

 
5.  I rode a real bike on Saturday afternoon.  My bike to be exact.  It is hot pink and it is from circa 1993ish.  I felt some anxiety before I pedaled down the gravel road on that gem because I felt like it had been forever since I rode a real bike.  Felt like I hadn't been on one since my bike had a basket on the front and streamers coming out the handle bars with a bell that went ding!  But the good people who came up with the saying, "It's like riding a bike...you never forget" knew what they were talking about.  Because I didn't forget.  And now the hot pink 1993 model bike is living at my house instead of the farm.  I can't wait to ride it around town.  New bike?  No way.  How could I not love the hot pink gem?  

6.  Run.  I'm off to go for a run.  When I get back, I just may have another nectarine.  They are that yummy.  I never knew this before and now I'm a nectarine addict.  Insert addictive obsessive personality here!    
   

1 comment:

Danica said...

Heads up- the 80's ARE back so wear that too big v-neck with pride! And nectarines are the shiz-nit. Period. :)