7.27.2011

The Run Through

Erin is my cousin.  She and I are cut from the same cloth and I love her like a sister.  Dad-o started calling her Moe because he is all about nicknames and she was engaged to Joey when it started.  Moe and Joe.  It made sense.  It has stuck.  

But Moe and Joe aren't engaged anymore.  Because now they are MARRIED!  

I was privileged and honored to be a part of their big weekend as Moe's personal attendant.  I love a job like that because it involves being organized and doing a little bossing.  Both attributes I keep in my right pocket at all times.  At the rehearsal, I also found out I would be running the sound system for the wedding ceremony.  Ummm...I think Moe forgot about my attention wandering tendencies when she assigned me to that job.  There was a whole lot of knobs and buttons and I sometimes see things that are sparkly and forget about what I'm supposed to be doing.  So I was nervous and made the groomsman who was in charge of setting all that up explain the run down of which button did what job about fifty-three times.  I like to make sure my bases are covered.  


Anyway, besides DJ Amy learning to run the sound system the night of rehearsal, there was magic taking place.  

The scorching hot sun that had baked us earlier in the day started to chill and sink, family and friends all gathered for common love of two special people, a sacred ritual of "with this ring" was practiced, tear and heart filled speeches were given, laughter was shared, the family wine made its appearance, and to top it off...a contest of water balloon capped the evening.  A soaked bride and a guilty groom.  Perfection. 


Who doesn't love a little friendly competition?  Not anyone in my family that is for sure.  Because Moe took getting soaked like a champ.  Didn't bat a bride eye.  

 
Moe and Joe's rehearsal was an evening that made me think, "Yes, real love is possible."  Because  those two goofballs who can laugh with each other and have fun with each other...they have it.  They really do.  And it was an honor to witness.  


2 comments:

Danica said...

Oh my gosh that picture of the moon (or is it the sun?) and the prairie is ah. maze. ing. Beautiful!

Amy said...

Thanks girl! And it is the moon. A full moon to be exact. :)