12.08.2010

Best Things Ever

Travel is one of the many best things ever.  Here's why.  A person gets to go to a new place and do and see and meet.  And, here's what you find out.  People are people.  No matter where you are.  Here's what else you find out.  That you could probably make friends inside of a cardboard box.  Plus, you only reinforce what you already knew...there's few things better than making a perfect stranger laugh out loud. 

I just arrived back to chilly North Dakota from sunny San Diego or what I like to refer to as The Diego.  My heart is full of new memories.  Right now, I'm too tired to say much because I really did do and see and meet without very much of the sleep, but I just want to remember that it's important to put yourself out there and act ridiculous so that you have those new memories to cherish. 


While I was running around doing and seeing and meeting, Momma Debi was at Mayo having her scans in preparation for her treatment.  At least that was the plan anyway.  So, at the most random times, in the middle of something hilarious or in the middle of something beautiful, I would pause and pray.  Pray that my mom wasn't in too much discomfort and pray that she knew I loved her and pray that she knew I was thinking of her.  Then, in the middle of having lunch in the calm breeze with the sun shining on my back, I received a message.  A text from my mom that said, "Just got out of meeting with the dream team and the doctor.  Wooohooo!!!  She said she full well expected to do another radiation treatment but...I am all clear.  No thyroid cells.  No cancer." 

Let's just say, I cried.  Right there in front of my boss and three co-workers.  Right there with the calm breeze blowing in my face and the sun shining on my back.  I cried.  Because my mom is cancer free. 

And, that is the best thing ever. 

5 comments:

Kathy J. said...

We were all hoping and praying too! We also cried tears of joy with you now! God is indeed kind and good! He is always looking out for us and will continue to do so!

Jessie said...

Yep,I cried! So happy for you and your family :)

Kathy said...

The Power of Prayer is Amazing! A Christmas Miracle!

Debi said...

Absolutely! Best things ever! I want to thank all of you that have been on this journey with us for your constant prayers and support. It means so much to everyone in our family and we know there is power in that prayer. Now may prayers turn to keeping that nasty beast cancer away and to others still in need of healing. Thank you so much.

Colette Cunningham said...

Yes, the BEST thing ever!