5.23.2013

Born Naturally

Show me how big your brave is.

A line from a song once again hits.  

Blessings are everywhere.

A coffee mug once again doing its thing for me.  


Being brave leads to the blessings. 

Let's all put ourselves out there and be ridiculously brave, in everything we do and say and how we love ourselves and our neighbors because there is no better way.  


I believe we are all naturally born brave, but then somewhere along the way we get scared and listen to those feelings instead.  Think of children, from the instant of birth it is a constant game of trying new and learning new and failing and succeeding.  Taking first steps and falling over and over.  Trying new food only to spit it out or eat it all up.  Climbing on the chair to reach the cupboard.  Stepping off the curb.  Brave.  Kids are brave.  All the time.  And then we have this crazy tendency to thwart the courageous and the risk taking, and to bring up the scariness and the risks of what might happen.  Instead of letting happen, or letting not happen.  Sometimes it is in the not happening.   

And don't even get me started on how much braver children love than we do.  They throw themselves into loving, with everything they have.  It's so very beautiful.

Show me how big your brave is.  

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Ok Amy this coffee mug just threw a lightening bolt to my heart! I have been looking FOREVER for the "right" cup to drink coffee in the morning,has to be inspirational, pretty, etc. I LOVE THIS ONE! Tell me where you got it. Kathy J. thinks I'm crazy cause I always comment on her coffee cup of choice and that I'm looking for the right cheery one to pop up for me. THIS IS IT!! :)

Amy said...

Tonya! I am a sucker for coffee mugs! This one came from Starbucks in Barnes & Noble...towards the bottom of their cup display. There are a few brightly colored ones with inspirational sayings. I had a hard time choosing. It's a great size for a mug too which is super important I'm sure you know. ;)