8.17.2012

Crowns, Dresses, and Some Concrete Work

Here's some fun news.

I have been officially working since Monday.  Yes, you heard that.  Back at my real job.  And I must admit, it feels uplifting.   Calming to have routine again and exciting to be taking on yet another different daily existence.  I changed paths again.  I'm still working for the same district but am at one school instead of two; doing a similar, yet somewhat not similar job than last year.  My official title is Instructional Coach.  So there you have it.

Amy is working.

This summer was really something.  Full of life.  Full of happenings.      

If I had to describe one lovely summer day, the first thing on the agenda would be an early morning run.  The next thing would be coffee time with friends.  Both happened on this particular Friday morning.  When I arrived, this is the scene I was greeted by.  All of the kids lined up in a row with a snack doing a little visiting.  The mom's were lined up as well doing their own visiting.   


 Harper can rock the leg lift.  Oh yes she can.  


Here's why there was a line-up.  Action was happening.  And it needed to be observed.  Yes, we drank coffee and visited and watched these men pour concrete for the driveway.  They really loved our shouts of encouragement I'm sure.   


The kids didn't even blink an eye at the notion of concrete being poured as entertainment.  On a side note, I'm totally going to start wearing a crown or a lady bug dress or a plaid dress or a sparkly butterfly headband to coffee time.  These girls are no fools; they know what's right. 


I will, however, avoid the band-aid on the knees fashion statement.  The one little boy can rock that look the best.  So I won't steal his thunder.   


Those little poptarts are learning the art of ridiculousness from some of the best around.  Lining up the patio chairs, grabbing fruit snacks, and coffee to watch concrete being poured.  Never a dull moment around here. 


Especially when Harper is involved.  I love how that little one gives her mama a run for her money.  Yes I do.  And here's where I say the official ta-ta to summer time freedom and bring on the cheer for my love of fall.     

No comments: