8.12.2012

Heck Yes Zebra Napkins

Wine nights on my patio.  They complete me.  And they also make me wish I could go be a little birdie on my own shoulder when I was in college and was doing the thing we all do in college.  The thing called worrying and wondering about the future.  What career, what boy, what roommate, which apartment, which party.  I mean really, which party.  Anyway, I wish I could go be a little birdie on my own shoulder and say, "Guess what?!  You will have this amazing group of friends that you will text and they will show up.  Show up to your house.  (Yes you have a house!)  They will show up, you will have cute things on your table, you will know how to pick cheese out, you will all sit on your patio (yes you have a patio too!), and there will be greatness in those nights.

Because there is.  Greatness in my friends.  Every single one of them.  Put it all together and it's magic.     


Dear Sweet Summertime,

I'm going to miss you. 

But I'll also tell you a secret of sorts.  I have been dreaming of orange and turning leaves and pumpkin spice everything and curling my arms into a sweater. 

So maybe I'm ready to move on from you. 

I will, however, mourn the loss of the care free Monday evenings with some of my favorite people's voices echoing in the air.  I guess I shouldn't worry about missing them though.  They'll just turn into Friday or Saturday evenings and we'll talk about work (yes you have a job!) and we'll bring blankets out and be wearing pants.   

Sincerely,
Me


Me being the one who opened her party supply cupboard, stared at all the goodies inside, wondered how she could use the candles without it being someone's birthday, and thought why yes, this is a perfect reason to bring out the zebra napkins.  



No comments: