5.28.2013

Well...

It's the first day of summer vacation today and let me tell you about some things. 
 
Karen and I worked out this morning at 5:30 and then we talked on the phone at 7:45 and the conversation went something like this...
 
"Hey.  What are you doing now?"
 
"Drinking a cup of coffee and the dishes are done and the laundry is done and the house is clean  and the girls aren't up yet and I don't know what to do now.  What are you doing?" 
 
"Same.  If it was nice out, I'd be in the garden or doing something but this weather isn't working for that...so...ummm...yeah...what do we do with this thing called summer again?"
 
"Well let's maybe not workout at 5:30 anymore, it leaves a lot of time in the day!" 
 
"Good plan." 
 
And then now it's 10:01 in the morning and we have officially talked on the phone four times.  We are both really good at having no tasks for a morning.  Can you tell? 
 
In one of those phone conversations, we discussed eating raw old fashioned oatmeal with almond milk and cinnamon and how that might be kind of tasty for breakfast.  Then I did it.  Then I called Karen back to tell her it is indeed tasty.  So there you go.  Cooking oatmeal is overrated.  Dump some almond milk and let it sit for a couple and enjoy! 
 
In other news, it used to be sunny here back at the beginning of May when the grass was still yellow and when I could only read on Sunday mornings because I had an every day job. 
 
 
I mean, now it's a Tuesday morning and I could be doing this exact same thing.  Frizzy hair and all, but no...the weather says no.  Also, I believe everyone should still have a sweatshirt quilt their mom and grandma made in the 80s.  Those fabrics! 
 
 
Instead of sun reading, I'm working on pictures and getting all caught up.  In the catching up, I ran across this gem.  Sunburned face not ready for a picture, frizzy hair (I'm noticing a trend here), and delicious homemade pizza.  Again, back when the sun actually shined in the beginning of May. 
 
 
It was a sauerkraut, ham, and mozzarella number.  May I recommend you try it and soon.  Cut the ham in little squares so it's not over powering (hey bossy!) and just drain your sauerkraut much in advance so it has to time to do some drying before you slap it on the pizza.  Who likes a soggy pizza?  No one, that's who. 

 
Hmmm...what else?
 
Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice is the best, especially when someone else squeezes it for you.  I will not mention the sun shining there.  No I won't. 
 
 
No surprise here, but Punky's bat skills are running about even with mine at this time; she will surpass me soon.  Those kids I tell you. 
 
 
Oh!  How about this?  Want to know something fun?  Something fun is when I say at night, "Ohhhh I really want to take pictures of those flowers in the sunlight because they were so pretty this morning but I didn't have time."  (Side note, this was when I had a J.O.B) 
 
And then looking through my camera the next day to find Billy had taken pictures of them in the morning sunlight.  Yes, that is something fun all right.  You'd think he knows me well or something.

 
One more thing to end this jumbled up jargon.  If you put birthday candles in a fresh from the oven apple pie, the candles melt and you end up with wax in your pie.   
 

No comments: