1.10.2010

The Seniors of 2010

I had the honor of shooting three seniors this year...taking their picture, not actually shooting.  Three was the perfect number this year between grad school, writing my thesis, mowing my lawn, emptying my dishwasher, you know...life gets busy!  They were all unique in their interests and styles and were such a good time. 

I'll start with Elizabeth.  She's a vibrant thing who just jumps in with both feet.  We fought mock-10 winds the whole day, but she was a trooper.  She also found me quite entertaining which is always nice.






Next was Jessica, actually she was a friend of Elizabeth's who came along for pictures too.  She's a girl who stays true to herself...I could just tell the minute I met her.  Also, she has one blue eye and one brown eye which is amazing!  She told me when she was a kid it wasn't so amazing to have that going on.  It was then I realized my first assessment of her was correct...strong girl.   






Last, but certainly not least, was Ian.  Ian is a boy who loves his cows.  I seem to end up taking pictures of boys and their cows quite frequently.  Good thing I have a lot of experience in the cow area because they end up sniffing me and trying to run me over while I'm taking the pictures.  I forgot my flash in the pasture with Ian's cows and what followed was an interesting conversation between myself and a cow while I snuck slowly and carefully up to the cow in a half squat, half walk, real graceful like move.  It went something like this...
"Ok, little mama, I'm just going to creep up next to you here and grab that flash that's two inches away from your hoof."
"Mooo."
"I just need you to not move so you don't crush my flash."
"Mooo (head swing), moooooo."
"Ok, mmmhhmm, yep, I'm almost there.  You are so pretty (I was pulling anything out at this point).  Please don't move."
"Mooooooooooooo."
"Oh, I'm right here..."
Then, I proceeded to carefully reach down and grab my flash and skidaddled outta there real quick!  I told Ian next time I was charging extra for cows.






Obviously the last picture was taken at a later date.  Ian's mom promised me a pontoon ride at the lake this summer with some yummy beverages if I came and took pictures of Ian with his hunting gear after the first snow.  It was an offer I couldn't refuse.  She also promised that this time I wouldn't have to sweet talk any cows. 

No comments: