1.25.2010

Blizzard

I love North Dakota.  Seriously, I do.  We are in the middle of a little breezy day.  Really it's just a walk in the park.  I woke up at four o'clock this morning to check cancellations and keep an eye on the weather.  No cancellation for this girl so off I went...good thing I didn't get far; my phone rang with the news of a late start.  Whoo hoo!  At least I'll be able to travel in the daylight I thought to myself.  So back to my house I went to drink some more coffee and watch music videos.  Then, it was time to leave for the second time.  The light did not help.  Not one little bit.  But, I'm not the kind of person to just not go to work so I kept going. 

I changed my route three times.  I had a nervous breakdown.  I couldn't find the road.  I cried.  I prayed.  I talked to my vehicle.  I called my family.  I called my boss seven times.  I called his boss (my big, big boss) one time.  I lost my mind.  I had another nervous breakdown.  I hear from the big, big boss that no work today after all.  Perfect. 

I drove home.  I changed routes only once (my head is not just a hat rack).  I had a nervous breakdown.  I couldn't find the road.  I cried.  I prayed.  I talked to my vehicle.  I called my family.  I didn't call my boss.  I didn't call the big, big boss.  I found my mind.  I took some pictures. 

I only took pictures when it wasn't so bad.  I'm not crazy enough to take pictures when I can't find the road.  Now, that would be just plain ridiculous.  I also didn't stop or get out of the vehicle to take pictures for the fear of getting slammed into.  That would also be plain ridiculous.  So these are through the window. 



Hello lovvaaa.  Yellow line -- I heart you.  Seriously, more than my toothpaste even. 



Ok, yep, it might have reared up again.  I put the camera away at this point.  I swear. 



It "cleared" up again for a minute.  Tree out there -- I feel ya.  Standing all alone, facing the world.  You can do it Lone Ranger.  You can. 



I've always wanted to try those self portraits in the rear view mirror and really, why not try that in the middle of a blizzard?



I said to myself.  "Self.  This is not a good idea right now."  So I quit that nonsense...until I was safe in my driveway.  This is my I fought the blizzard and won look. 



Please ignore the eyebrows.  I was supposed to have a hair appointment/eyebrow wax this afternoon.  Yeah.  That's not going to happen.  Unruly eyebrows unite! 



I then realized I had actually bitten a little hole in my lip during the white knuckled, jaw clenched drive.  Sweet.  Did I mention I love North Dakota?

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Yucky! So glad you are safe!

Great pictures- although I feel like I should be shaking my finger at you!

Brittany Miller said...

Yucky! So glad you are safe!

Great pictures- although I feel like I should be shaking my finger at you!