2.14.2010

Living the Dream

Whenever people ask me how I'm doing, my automatic response is, "Well, just living the dream."  I figure in the whole grand scheme of things, I probably really am living the dream.  Are there things I wish that were different about my life?  Sure, who doesn't.  But, 92% of life is a little bit better than fabulous. 


Now that I have moved 96% of life is a little bit better than fabulous.  One percent for having a garage.  Seriously, I forgot just how amazing that really is.  One percent for no longer putting on approximately 100 miles a day.  One percent for not dishing out the dough to pay for those 100 miles.  Finally, one percent because I love my new digs.  So, now I really am living the dream. 


I saw enough of the above cardboard to last me a long time; I hate all things messy and all things clutter so the boxes were quick to go away.  On moving day, I had more help than I have quite possibly had at one time in my whole life.  At one point, I walked outside of the new digs and saw this.  Then I broke into singing "Hallelujia, hallelujia, hallelujia" and I'm sure the new neighbors took note. 


That would be Dad-O, Uncle T., and Brother (hiding behind Dad-o) all shoveling away.  I have been a shoveling fool for the last two years and this was a sight for sore eyes. 


The shoveling men was a sight for sore eyes, not Uncle T.  I wouldn't want there to be any confusion or his head to get any larger than it already is.  I think deep down Dad-o is quite excited about this move, even though he's trying his hardest to look like this moving is serious business.  And, really what a nice brotherly moment this is.  I'm sure there is nothing they would have rather been doing.  I wonder if it brought them back to all the work they did as younguns?  There was no screaming or fighting so probably not.   


I'm sure my new neighbors were wondering what kind of a redneck was moving in when they saw the caravan of five vehicles and the good ol' Gooseneck truck pulling in.  I moved in record time though and for that I'm very thankful.  Doesn't that American flag just give this picture it's pop?   


Uncle T. brought both of his boys along to help with the moving and here is one of them modeling the nice Coors Rodeo hat I won in a contest one night.  And, that's all I'm going to say about that.  


After I snapped this photo, I was told it was time for me to get to work.  What?  I can't just stand around and take pictures while everyone carries everything in?  How rude.  I put the camera down and commenced to unpacking.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of things like Easy Rider and Firecracker running laps in the unfinished basement.  But, those things will have to be pictures in my mind.  Moving day was a crazy, fun event and I'm extremely thankful for all the wonderful help! 

No comments: