2.15.2010

House of Amy

So these are not the greatest quality pictures as it was kind of dark and I don't have a wide angle lens.  Therefore, the pictures are close up of things because I can't get far enough away.  I really need that wide angle lens.  Would anyone like to donate?  Maybe you could write it off as a charitable contribution on your taxes?  Check into it and let me know. 

Also, I feel a little weird about posting pictures of my house.  I'm just being honest; I can't decide if it's smart or not.  If you want to see more, you will just have to come and visit! 

Without further ado...some random pictures of the House of Amy.  This is my most favoritest little orange bench in the whole planet.  It was in the house when I looked at it and I convinced the previous owners it liked it's little spot and needed to stay!  It's right when you walk in the front door. 


This is in a weird non-spot; it's not the living room and it's not the dining room.  This floral fabo chair is also something that loved its home too much to go, so the previous owners let it stay. 


A living room shot.  See this is where a wide angle lens would have really come in handy!  C'mon you know you want to donate one. 


A not very good shot of the dining room but you can kind of get the idea. 


A little more dining room.  The rug also didn't want to leave and who am I to argue.  Yes rug, you can stay and live with me.  I know I am way more fun than those other people anyway. 


The purpose of this shot is that the ceiling is all wood!  Love it.  Also, those are some antiques from my grandma and grandpa.  The picture hung in their dining room for as long as anyone can remember and the apron...I don't even have words for the apron.  I realize it might be odd to hang an apron on the wall but it makes me smile everytime I walk by it. 


A view into the kitchen. 


The same view into the kitchen with one of the pocket doors partially closed.  One of my favorite features of the whole place.  I think I can have Dad-o cook a lovely meal and I will hide him the kitchen while my guests and I enjoy.  I am not a cooker.  I will just say that right now.  Pocket doors = a chance at having a dinner party.  My only other plan is to serve macaroni and cheese.  Any takers?   


Guest bathroom.  I would have loved to have shown more, but...you've got it.  Wide angle lens is needed. 


Into the master bathroom.  If you turn left right before the tile starts, you will stumble into my walk in closet! 


A rug and the floor.  I just love to state the obvious. 


A shot of the living room ceiling.  That wood makes my heart go pitter patter. 


Ok that's enough.  Again, I feel a little strange about this post.  Number one, I don't want anyone to think I'm being a "look at me...look at me."  That is so not my thing at all.  I've just had a lot of people requesting some photos so I'm obliging.  Number two, I don't know it just feels weird.  There I said it.  Now I'll go on with my life.  Please stop by and see me!  Unless you are a creepa...then I don't want to see you. 

4 comments:

Ky said...

Love the pix of your house. I can't wait for your mac & cheese dinner party. I miss you!!!

Brittany Miller said...

I just love it!
If I ever get to build, I am taking a few ideas from your new house... and making you my decorator!

Amy said...

Ky- I miss you too! Party soon. I might even spring for some drinks.

Britt- Anytime...anytime. :)

Again said...

I loved your pictures!! I might have to wrangle you into sending me some more of your house, since I haven't a clue when I would get to come visit...someday. *sigh*