3.20.2011

Back

Well, I just unpacked the baggie of sand from my 48.1 pound suitcase.  Yes, I am the type of person who brings a little sand from the beach back with them.  And yes, I have the art of packing a less than 50 pound suitcase down.  It's like a science really.  Never mind that the baggie of sand and all of my jewelry were both in Sister Pister's suitcase and my boots and straightener were both in Momma Debi's suitcase.  I figure as long as I never travel alone, I'll be in the clear.  I just have to share my suitcase love is all.  

And now here I sit.  Drinking a cup of coffee and feeling a bit melancholy.  It's hard to come back from sun and eighty degrees, running on the beach, laying around listening to music, the sun, reading whenever I felt like it, visiting with strangers, visiting with family, exploring cities, pushing myself to complete new adventures, the ocean, the sun.  It's just hard.  But by tomorrow morning I'll be back in the swing of things around here.   

Today, I'm going to start to upload and look at the over 700 pictures I took this past week.  That number isn't excessive is it?  I didn't think so.  Today, I'm also feeling very thankful I had the opportunity to travel and know that every time I am able to experience a little chunk of different, it's good for my soul.  

    

No comments: