4.18.2011

Uffda

The weather yesterday agreed with my sorry state of tired.  Uffda.  How this looks is exactly what I was feeling.  Sometimes it is nice for the weather to match your mood.  Makes you feel like you are still alright in the world.     


The thing is though, it's really time for our weather to get a mighty kick in the pants and be what it is supposed to be.  It's really time.   

Usually, I'm not one to complain about the weather.  I simply don't believe in that business.  We can't change it.  We can't control it.  Therefore, why waste the words.  BUT!!!!!  This spring is ridiculous.  I'm going to do it.  I'm talking about the weather.  

Right now.  

Mr. Old Man Winter.  Leave.  Now.  Please.  Thank you.  

In all seriousness, the weather is becoming more than worrisome for those people whose livelihoods depend upon the dirt, seeds, sun, and water.  Worrisome might be an understatement.  Right now the balance between those four parts is tipping in an extremely over exceeding manner to the water...too much freakin' water to be more precise.  I hate to even say that out loud because it's scary to think of not having enough water.  It's such a spin of the wheel.  A spin of the wheel that none of us have control over.  Therefore it's a scary spin of the wheel.  I'm glad my paycheck comes every two weeks no matter what.  It's a comforting thing.    

So, all of you people out there who feed the rest of us with your work, I'm thinking about you.  I'm praying for it to straighten out and become a possibility to even get the seeds in the ground...sending up lots of quick little moments of, "Dear Jesus, please let the sun and heat come out."  

Because this cold, wet, slushy, snowy world needs some promise of life coming from its dirt.  Real soon.  

I promise Weather, that you too can kick your sorry state of tired.  You really can.  It is time.  

There, now I'm done using words for something I can't control or fix.  But I will keep praying...I sure will.  I believe those are words not wasted.      

 

No comments: