4.03.2011

Coffee at Night

I meant to complete my recap of our last day on Hilton Head Island, ummmmm let's say...approximately Thursday.  

But then...
  • I went to the chiropractor.  Actually Sister Pister and I were at the chiropractor at the same time.  Completely unplanned.  But, I'll always welcome a random Wednesday afternoon party at the chiropractor.  
  • I yelled through the door "I LOVE YOU!" while she was getting worked on.  It just seemed like the right thing to do.        
  • Parent teacher conferences were finished up.  
  • My boss set me up with a man he had met at the gym.  
  • Can you say awkward?  
  • We went on a couple dates.  
  • Not my boss and me.  That would be weird.  The man and me.  A couple dates.  We'll see what happens about that.
  • Karen and I went for a 7 mile run on Saturday morning.  Not only is Karen the crazy friend, she's also the half marathon training partner.  
  • You'd think we would chart out a route that would be fairly flat and simple for a big run day on the schedule.  But no.  We picked a road that is full of steep, well steep for ND anyway, hills and then decided to simply run that twice.  It seemed like a good plan when we were in.the.car.  
  • Let me just say this.  At the beginning of that hilly 7 mile run, I was worried about making our time goal for normal running conditions.  In the middle of that hilly 7 mile run, normal times were forgotten and I actually yelled profanity to the air.  It was necessary.  Then at the end of that hilly 7 mile run, we both laid down on the road.  Legs were tired.  
  • Hills make for burning legs. 
  • It's been dually noted that we should leave that kind of muscle training for the shorter run days.  Dually noted indeed.  
  • I organized Brother and Sil's closet.  I wish organizing closets could be a salaried job with benefits.  I'd be all over that.  
  • I squeeze-hugged Firecracker, Easy Rider, and Little Man.  Twice each.  Maybe even three times each.  
  • I attended my second cousin's 30th birthday party bash and it was not boring.  
  • I'm emphasizing that she is my second cousin because apparently there is a reunion that is being planned and reunions on my dad's side of the family are a straight up gong show which means fun for all...but, this reunion is for the first cousins only.   Me being a second cousin makes me not welcome.  
  • However, I might be in on a loop hole because "they" want a photographer along and "they" said that I can't help that my dad is the oldest first cousin born from the oldest of the siblings.  I told them I'd wear a shirt that said either "I'M THE LOOP HOLE" or "I'M THE REPLACEMENT."  Until then, my fingers are crossed.   
  • Karen and I ran 2 miles on wore out legs in the sleety rainy slushy fun that was this morning.  I had to yell at her that it wasn't a race between the two of us today because it was supposed to be an easy day.  Good thing we are true friends because sometimes I yell at her and sometimes she calls me bad names.   
  • This afternoon, I left my purse alone in the cart at Walmart.  Not like left it unattended while I grabbed peanut butter.  Like I left it unattended in the cart thingy in the parking lot and drove away.  
  • I guess I thought it was time to see if the purse could make it on its own.  
  • The good news is...it was at customer service when I went back to see how it was doing on its own out in the real world.  
  • There are still good people in the world.  Thank Jesus for that.    
  • I cut up a cantaloupe.  That's real similar to cutting a squash in my eyes so it took me awhile.  
Now, here I sit.  Kissing my coffee cup at 9:56 on a Sunday night half-watching {they only require partial attention} the Academy of Country Music awards while working on writing up my last ditty about Hilton Head Island.  Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow.  If I can stop being distracted by writing random bulleted lists that is.  Wish me luck.  

The cup is not kissing back.  It's a stuck-up cup.    


After re-reading through all of that I do believe it's important to not write down your thoughts when you are night-time coffee drinking.  It's similar to writing down your thoughts while afternoon wine drinking.    
   

1 comment:

Brittany Miller said...

I might be slightly annoyed if Wayne-O finds you a man and I don't!