4.17.2011

Tired.

There is not enough coffee. 

There is not enough coffee in the world to make me feel like a human operating at 100% today.  I've had several cups and have made my way up to 72% and that's just going to have to be good enough. 

Bright and early yesterday morning, I met Momma Debi and Sister Pister at the hair salon to watch my sister's hair get all done up for prom. 


Then, her makeup was supposed to be done by a lady who knew what she was doing at a makeup counter, but that all fell through so we all found ourselves in the parking lot freezing and having this conversation. 

Me:  "Did you bring your make-up?"

SP:  "No."

Me:  "What is your plan right now?"

SP:  "I don't know." 

Me:  "Do you think I can do your makeup?"

SP:  "I don't know."

Me:  "Why didn't you make an appointment?"

SP:  "Because I didn't."

Me:  "What is your plan right now?"

SP:  "Maybe you could just do it."

Now, I realize prom makeup is not an end of the world situation but it was just one more small reminder in the differences between my sister and I.  Me...the planner.  She...the not planner.  So, we made a quick trip to my hair salon to grab some samples of makeup to do a smoky eye, and I also grabbed a how-to guide because I like direction people.  I just do.  Direction and plans, they are a good thing. 

I managed to do her makeup and it actually turned out pretty alright.  I told her she had to put her own mascara on when she got home.  I was not about to take out an eye trying to get that done.   


Then, Momma Debi and Sister Pister left my house and I threw on my running clothes, grabbed my ipod and little green finger gloves, and headed out the door to meet Karen so we could run the 9 miles that were on the schedule. 

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but right before a big run like that, I get nervous.  And panicky.  I panic at the thought of not being able to do it.  Of something going wrong with my body which would make it impossible to finish.  This could include getting hit by a vehicle.  I live in a smallish town which means running 9 miles requires you to run some of the major streets.  It can get a little tight.   

The run was great.  Until my ipod died at mile 6.  It's hard to run without a music distraction.  But, I managed to not let it slow me down too much and just kept going.  I'm not going to lie, it did slow me down some.  I need a rhythm besides my feet pounding and my breath breathing. 

I found a running without music groove and thought it was all going to be good; I even had a quick conversation with a man getting his mail as I ran past.  It was looking as if finishing was going to be a cake walk.  But then.  Then at approximately mile 8.3, I got tired.  No music, legs hurt, body empty, tired.  Tired.  Good thing I only had a little ways to go to finish.  Now I can say that 9 miles is in the books.  Next Saturday is 10 miles and I better make sure my ipod is charged fully for that extravaganza.   

After Karen and I laid down on the pavement to stretch our legs and then somehow managed to get them moving again, Sister Pister texted me and told me that she and her friends were just about to town to get their pictures taken.  By me.  I told her that I would not be showered but I would meet them. 

I did change clothes.  That was necessary.  I changed clothes, grabbed my camera and gear, and headed to meet the sister and her friends to chase after them downtown.  We froze.  I thought of the train station with its pretty wood benches so we went there to warm up, apply hairspray and lip gloss, and take more pictures. 








Then, they left to go enjoy their dinner and I left to go enjoy a hot shower.  I had just enough time to shower and apply my own lip gloss before driving out to the little town to take more pictures at the grand march.  I stood in the middle of the gym in somewhat of a dazed state and Sister Pister would yell, "Amy...come here please!"  She was polite in her quest to capture all of her memories and even wanted a picture with her tired older sister.     


After the grand march, the little town watering hole was hosting a hypnotist.  I couldn't pass that up.  So I went to the hypnotist and I was hypnotized by him.  Why not?  I guess I make a mean Richard Simmons and I am bossy even in a hypnotized state.  Perfect.  

So, needless to say, my poor legs are tired today.  Actually, my whole body is tired today.  I never sat down yesterday.  Well maybe I sat down for a combined total of an hour.  Give or take.  

There isn't enough coffee today.    

Tomorrow.  I'll be fine tomorrow.  100% even.  

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful photos of Emily.

Beautiful of you, Amy...you are looking stunning these days. Healthy and stunning...a great combination.

Kathy J. said...

Amy, I have been waiting anxiously for the prom blog and once again you have a way of bringing us all along for the evening!! You girls look so much alike--beautiful inside and out! My hat is off to you my dear for the tremendous journey you have taken in the last year!! God bless people like you who share their journey with the rest of us!

Amy said...

Thank you two for your encouragement and support...I appreciate it more than you know!