6.20.2011

28!

Saturday was pretty much a perfectly ordered birthday.  I might even go out on a limb and say that it was the best birthday ever.  Which is good because remember, this is going to be the best year ever.  The morning started bright and early with a ridiculous amount of messages, wishes, and all that jazz and they just kept going all day...definitely felt the love.  The day also started with a run in the sun.  Can I say that running in the sun is so very much better than running in the negative temperatures of winter.  Like so much better.  There's something about it shining on your face while your feet pound it out. 


Shortly after I finished running, I had a visitor {we'll just call him somebody} show up at my door.  With flowers.  I was sweaty and not showered and that just seems fitting for my life.  Somebody takes the time on his way out of town to bring me flowers for my birthday and I'm a hot mess.  

 
And I'm not the kind of girl that thinks flowers are a waste of money or that brushes off getting that kind of token.  I am, however, totally the kind of girl that gets happy about them and smells them everytime I walk by and thinks they are pretty. 


Now, it's no secret that reading is a staple in my day.  I need words.  Words need me.  We have that kind of love relationship going on.  So to be able to sit in the hot sun reading that afternoon was my gift from the weather man.  I just know it. 


Then, I had a fabulous dinner out with my family.  It ended up including my cousin and her fiancé as well which made it even better.  Although, it also meant that more bottles of wine were ordered and even Momma Debi was a bit tipsy by the time we left three hours later. 


The place we went to is also an art gallery which not only makes for great atmosphere, but great entertainment too.  I'm not sure how it started, but when we were leaving, Momma Debi was giving Joey lessons on how to make that contraption make noise.  She kept saying, "It takes patience."  And we all kept laughing.  Momma Debi is funny all the time, but Momma D. with some wine is straight up hilarious. 


I blame the wine for these.  Because really, I think taking pictures of how old you are in a parking lot should be left up to kids under the age of 11.  At least I will now have a way to forever remember that I turned 28.  I'll leave out the part that I tried to make the 8 part with one hand.  Sister Pister had to point out to me that I would have to hold up a 2 and then use both of my hands to make an 8.  Yeah, I'll leave that part out.  


To cap off the evening, I met friends out and we ran around and told stories and I laughed until my sides hurt.  It was a perfect birthday day and night.  I felt blessed and loved.  Last year on my birthday, I had Mono and was the sickest I have ever been.  This year kicked last year's butt. 

Just when you think I'm done.  I'm not.  Because here's the best part.  I had a two day birthday.  Yesterday, we got together at the farm to celebrate Dad-o and Brother being fathers and we threw my birthday in there too.  Right when I got to the farm, I jumped on the big trampoline with Firecracker.  I forgot how fun it is to jump on one of those!  You should really do it sometime soon.  Then, of course, it started to rain so the rest of the evening was spent inside wishing we were outside. 


A fire was on the agenda, but rain wrecked those plans.  Here is where I insert once again that Momma Debi never ceases to amaze me because she whipped out an indoor s'mores maker and all was right in the world. 


Like I said, this year's birthday kicked last year's birthday's butt.  Totally.     

2 comments:

Danica said...

Awwww.... what a great birthday! I will forever remember my 29th- is was my BEST birthday ever! Well... so far! Happy BIrthday!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, with nice weather to boot!! Also, I would love to hear more about "we'll just call him somebody!!"
~Elaine