6.13.2011

It's Here

The smell of new running shoes.

Dirt under my fingernails.

The debut of noticeable tan lines.  


An evening that finally had the feel, the people out on their stoops - kids riding bikes - dads drinking beers visiting while "watching" them - flowers being weeded -  dogs being walked - sun sinking low but still warm- feel of summer. 


A pre-run visit on my patio without needing sweatshirts.


Feet and breath pounding in rhythm with music that could not have been in better playlist order.


Glowing with sweat while walking back into my neighborhood after the kind of run that could never end and it would be alright.    


Turning and saying, "This.  This is finally summer." 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Ok, so now you have done it again Amy. I need to have some RR track photos. I will send you the money for a 5 X 7 of the first one on the right with the tracks and the grain elevator and for the last one of the close up of the tracks. I love ND trains, ND tracks, and ND elevators. They speak to me of my childhood --- of longing, of memory, of the possibility of travel and adventure. LOVE<LOVE<LOVE these photos. Thanks for all your pictures and all your writing. Hope I don't gush toooooo much, but I always feel uplifted after visiting your blog. You are beautiful inside and out. Sandy