6.18.2011

Another Year

"So how's it feel to be celebrating the 7th anniversary of your 21st birthday?"

Best birthday message so far.  Because it's clever.  And I like clever.  Also because I received it way early this morning and I like to kick off the day early so that made it even better. 

Yes, it's my 28th birthday today.  Here I sit with sweat literally running down my nose because the SUN is out and I kicked off my day with a run.  Just having the sun shining feels like a birthday gift wrapped in a pretty ribbon.  Maybe I should feel like oh no, I'm another year older and now I'll just have more wrinkles and the gray hair will start sometime...but really what I feel like is, this is going to be the best freaking year ever and I'm happy to be 28 because I've figured some things out and...

HOLD ON.  Right in the middle of typing that sentence I received a phone call with my niece and nephews singing the Happy Birthday song to me.  That's a best birthday message too!  I can just picture their dimpled cheeks smiling away.   

Alright, back to what I was saying.  I'm quite alright with turning another year older.  Because I really do think we get better with age.  Less fearful.  More comfortable with who we are.  Wiser.  Stronger.  Just better.  

So bring on the 7th anniversary of my 21st birthday!  I can't wait to see what the year has in store for me.  


Sister Pister turned the camera on me the other night after her quick "cute outfit" photo session.  I quickly discovered I do indeed belong behind the camera and she does a much better job in front of the camera than I.  Because this is mostly what she got.  Don't let the two from above fool you.  I do love that she is learning how to use my camera though because sometimes it's nice to have evidence that I am indeed a part of the memories I capture. 


 28.  Best freaking year ever.  I just know it.   

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Here's to the best freaking year ever, Amy. You look so awesome, so alive, so healthy, fun, and happy. What could be better!!!??? HB

Amy said...

Thanks Sandy! Hope to see you sometime this summer!

Tonya P. said...

Amy you look beautiful in these pics so I would definitely say, yes, 28 looks good on you! Have a great year and make it count.

Kathy said...

Happy Belated Birthday - the adventures get better and better!! Your Amazing Spirit gives you the most Beautiful Glow!