3.04.2014

A Rut Fix

Eyes closed in a squint, shoulders raised, cheeks up, laughing feels so good.  So good.  Physically something happens I swear and mentally too, of course.  

Every once in awhile I will get stuck in a couple of days without laughter through my pores, a rut so to speak.  A routine rut more specifically, it's a floating through the motions of the every day with just that, the emotions of oh this is just another every day.  Usually during those days, I feel different as if something is off kilter, askew.  Then, something pee your pants style will happen and the laughing comes back and I'm all squeeze hugging it and yelling where have you been?!  That's what has been missing!  

Find some things to laugh about.  I must always find some things to laugh about.  My heart is much happier with eyes closed in a squint, shoulders raised, cheeks up...I just know it.

Also this article.  Is so spot on.  I am giving up saying I'm busy for Lent.  I don't really do the entire give up for Lent thing, so really I'm just trying to give it up.  If you catch me saying I'm busy, give me one swift slap on the cheek and then tell me to laugh instead.

One last PS and it's for winter.

Dear Winter,
Please leave.  Thank you.  Your long past your welcome stay is causing me to do things like take pictures of raspberries with the sunlight as a backdrop to grasp at some form of spring.  The sunlight was through the window of course because of you.  You winter you.
Sincerely, 
Me 

No comments: