3.12.2014

Hey Simple!

This morning, I showered at the YMCA after I ran.

Sounds very simple yes, but boy did it take some coming around to get to that simplified fix.  

Last night after running outside (insert wet dog smell here) and then tanning (insert bad bad coconut smell on top of wet dog smell here) (another insert here I know it's bad to tan and I promise it's not very often)...where was I?  After all of that smelly business and a round of packing for Arizona in which I was the most proud of myself ever for packing without internal combustion and odd issues arising, I went to shower.  Flipped the handle to hot like always to get it good and steamy before adjusting and cold was it.  Cold COLD.  

Which led to a quick discussion of crap, the hot water heater finally kicked the bucket after flirting with death for years.  Crap.  

And then I went into mild internal combustion.  

Bad timing!  This is really bad timing!  I have to be ready to get on a plane when I leave here for work in the morning.  I smell so so bad right now.  I have to like have time to make sure I have my toothbrush and blush brush packed in the morning.  I smell so so bad right now.  I have an early meeting at work. 

Mainly being the issue of I smell so so bad right now.  Followed closely by crap I suppose this is going to cost money.  

So then finally after lots of combustion (acting a fool) and after thinking I'd have to pack everything and shower at Brittany's or Karen's in the morning without my normal trip to the Y because of the time factor, it finally came to me, "Hey.  How about you just shower after your run in the morning at the Y and throw sweats on and come home and finish getting ready and pack up the last minute stuff for your trip then?  Like put a towel and your shampoo and conditioner in a bag with clean sweats and that's all you have to do."  

Hey light bulb moment.  

And here's where my humble flag is flying.  Being all proud of my non-ridiculous packing turned quickly into ridiculous behavior from a hot water heater death.  Yeah, I'm not all the way there yet.  Wherever all the way is.

I really dislike when that reaction happens to me.  Big problems.  There are big problems and big hurts and disappointments and this was definitely not one of them.  I work on reaction business all the time and apparently still need to keep on.     

All this leads to the simple fix of I showered at the Y this morning and all was just fine with the world.  A new hot water heater will make the everything steamy again and that's how that story goes.

Sometimes I get these fun little gifts in the mail with notes about how the person who did the gifting enjoys reading this space.  About how they relate to my perspective or about how they laugh or cry or feel a connection to some words that have come from my fingers.  

Sometimes I think to myself that it's time to hang up this place.  But usually right about that time is when I get a sign of life out there and then it becomes much less of Hello?  Am I talking to myself?  Bueller? and more of a beautiful connection in a small world.  

Perspective from all, including hot water heaters.  

PS to the you know who you are who sent me this best ever, and I mean really best ever, travel coffee mug...thank you.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness and thank you for reading about zits and the rest of this jumble. 

No comments: