3.11.2014

Breathable Air

My goodness, I feel like a switch went back to normal on Sunday.  It just felt better.  It feels better.   

The snow is melting and the air is breathable and warmish and we ran outside.  With our feet wet and our lungs finding their way with non stale gym air, we ran.  I had to yell a bit.  It was necessary.  After being cooped up for much too long, since what literally feels like since Thanksgiving, being outside felt like the best of highs.

The high lasted all of Sunday and is still quite possibly lingering now two days later.  It's amazing what melting snow and the promise of soon spring does for a person.  

And maybe the high felt even sweeter since it's been a tough time around here lately.  For me in personal ways and for my family in other ways and just in general...it's been the yicks.  Life is full of yicks.  It's also full of better.  

I don't have any more answers for anything today than I did a few days ago, but have come to peace with I don't have to know all the answers all the time.  Yes, series of choices define a life but a life is not defined by a plan.

No comments: