3.05.2014

Share Sharing

A couple of things happened on my way to work on Friday morning.  Now it's a Wednesday and I still remember both, so clearly they were share worthy.   

Number one being I realized a song I really quite enjoy that goes something like this, "Story of my lifeeeeee...something something...frozennnnn...something...Story of my lifeeeee..." is from One Direction.  One Direction!  As in a boy band.  The realization of this had me wondering if it meant I was so out of cool there isn't a redemption hope or if it meant boy bands are back.  I think the fact I was a teenager during the Backstreet Boys and N*Sync days answers both of those questions.  I'm not cool nor will boy bands probably ever be back, if they were ever even a real thing to begin with.  Uffda that was a lot of thinking for a song that goes something like this..."Story of my lifeeeeee...something something...frozennnnn...something...Story of my lifeeeee..."

Number two being I kept thinking about a zit I popped the night before.  It was like truly, the perfect zit.  I wish all zits were like that and I'd even go so far as to say I'd like to order up one of that variety approximately two times a month as it quenches a picking fever in me.  It grew right between my upper lip and my lower nose in the volcano style.  Big and deep.  So right away, I thought oh this will be one of those ridiculous ones which hurt like hell but never actually do anything and then I will pick at it and it will scab and be there for a solid thirteen days.  But then!  On that fateful evening, I thought just for the heck of it I'd try to give it a pop.  And POP.  It popped!  Like a dream.  If you are a zit popper and fellow pick fever-er, you will know what I mean right now.  It made the squeak noise and was a ball of fire hitting the mirror.  The best part was the squeak.  No traces left behind.  And then this morning, poof.  It was gone like .  The perfect zit!  Ever since, I've been a bit obsessive thinking about it.  

Sometimes I think why do I write this stuff down.  And then mostly I think because I like to.  Who doesn't want to hear about boy bands and perfect zits?

And seriously, I want another one of those squeakers soon!  I'm sick.  Really.  Plus I have really big hair and like to smell the heads of babies.     

1 comment:

Danica said...

OMG. Ok - so I am not a picker - in fact mostly I want to shake you and say "STOP PICKING YOUR FACE!" :) This post reminded me of a book I read -

Choke by Chuck Palaniuk

Not the greatest book, but the author did a great job of making you FEEL. He described someone flossing their teeth and I can remember it like the person was actually sitting in front of me. Your zit popping has done the same thing!

Here's to all your zits being the perfect zit and to my daily Clinique routine (which has been happening since the boy band era).