4.22.2010

Good for the Soul

There's just something about kids and horses.  We have had the most beautiful spring weather this week and of course, I have been busy with a whole lot of not enjoying the weather.  I decided that whatever needed to be done yesterday after work could wait.  I went to the farm because I'm still adjusting to the enjoying outdoors in town concept.  And, I knew that the neighbor kids were going to be riding in the arena and there's just something about kids and horses. 

It was SUNNY and it was good for the soul. 


Sister Pister is busy getting her horses in shape for the upcoming rodeo season so she rode around and around and around and around while the rest of us took over the middle.  Ummm...Sister Pister, your horse has a dirty rear.   


My parents' neighbors have five children that are very close in age and that are unbelievably cute and that are hilarious.  I was thoroughly entertained.  Did I mention it was sunny? 


That black cat was given to Dad-o by those kids when it was little and Dad-o still can't get close to the cat.  But, it came right up to the kids like it was the tamest cat since Garfield.  I guess Dad-o doesn't speak cat. 

Sister Pister was still going around and around and around and around. 


The littlest of the littles is a girl after my own heart.  She's a stinker.  In fact, Mom told her mom that indeed, it would turn out just fine because look at her {as she pointed directly to me} now.  I laughed.  Stinker was totally into the dirt. 

 
Hello horse nose.  Yes, I'm fine.  How are you? 


More whole lotta cuteness. 


Now, if this doesn't make you smile, then you need your pulse checked.  Go find someone real fast...you might be dead. 


The oldest of the five rode the entire time and the oldest of the five is Mr. Responsible and the oldest of the five let me take some pictures right before they left.  He picked a crazy amount of rocks the day we built the arena.  Dad-o offered him a full time job...he's still waiting to hear back. 


Sister Pister was still going around and around and around and around.   


Hello horse tail.  Yes, I'm fine.  How are you?


I said goodbye to a fellow stinker and the kids headed home.   


Sister Pister quit going around and around and around and around.  At least on that horse.  


Thinking about all those dishes she would do later in the night.  Especially the gravy ones.  Or thinking about how much she misses me when I'm not around with a camera.  Or thinking about going around and around and around and around on the next horse.  Or thinking about tooting.  I don't know; I'm not a mind reader. 


I so did not want to leave the beautiful evening so I did what I had to do right there outside.  No, it was not to go to the bathroom...get your mind out of the gutter people.  My geography homework.  Turns out I'm missing one credit of geography because I went to undergrad in Minnesota.  Dang you Minnesota.  Dang you. 


I looked up and saw Sister Pister going around and around and around and around on the next horse.  She was riding real nonchalantly as I thought, "Does she realize there's a blazing fire behind her?"  Didn't look like it. 


So, I yelled, "FIRE FIRE FIRE!!" and they ran to safety, narrowly escaping with their lives in tact. 

No, not really.  That's not really how it went at all.  Sister Pister just kept going around and around and around and around because it was a planned burn.  At least that's what we thought, but then, hmmmm....it was on the other side of me too. 


Sister Pister and I...we like to live on the edge.  So we stayed out there even though we weren't quite sure if it was going to roar up on us.  She kept going around and around and around and around and I?  Well, I looked for which country the city of Samarkand is located. 

Kids and horses.  And sun too.  They're good for the soul. 

If you really must know.  Samarkand is located in Uzbekistan.  Use that information in your next conversation.  It'll spice things up a bit. 

No comments: