4.20.2010

Kids, Knobs, and Cupcakes

Welcome to an edition of My Random Thoughts for the Day.  If you don't enjoy randomness, then don't keep reading. 

First, yesterday after work I watched two out of the three of Brother and Sil's kids.  The four year old and the three week old baby.  They took the two year old with them.  Usually I watch the kids at their house, in their natural habitat, but this time they came to my house.  Within a few minutes of the parents leaving, the baby had a blow out of poop which covered his clothes, blanket, everything.  I got that cleaned up and then the four year old dumped out a whole huge thing of little tiny legos onto my floor.  Now, if you will remember I have all wood floors.  So, the dumping of the legos was LOUD.  Then, the four year old played with the legos and left finger prints all over the wood floors.  Now, if you will remember, I have a serious case of OCD.  Then, the baby cried.  Then, I fed the baby.  Then, I told stories to the four year old and the baby because I don't have a lot of toys.  I'm sure the four year old loved hearing about magic horses and a village that only had one seed left to plant.  Then, the parents came back. 

I will just say this.  I love my niece and nephews more than life and I LOVE, LOVE when I get to watch them, but good gosh almighty, kids are a serious amount of work.  And, messy.  Kids are messy.  I will have to give up my OCD {I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.} if I ever have kids.  I will also buy toys because stories of magic horses only go so far.  Also, I can't imagine if the two year old would have been here too.  Sil...you rock. 

Moving on from the land of poop and kids, it's no secret I love Anthropolgie.  However, it seems the career I picked for life is not lucrative enough to shop there frequently {until I find that dream, wealthy man who loves to hear about no neutral in cars and batteries}, but the sale section on their website is pretty fabulous at times.  I found these knobs for 2 dolla each.  Yeah!  A simple little change goes a long way and I love the colors. 


I put them on a piece of furniture I have which I "inherited" from my room when I still lived with the parents.  It is completely hand crafted by my cousin and I love it.  The knobs gave it a funky little pop.  I put the green and yellow together because I do love me some John Deere. 


Another fun thing I did recently was make these cupcakes...


The adorable wrappers and bird stick in thingamabobbers came from a website called Meri Meri; if you love a theme party as much as I do, then it's your place!  These are the Tweet Tweet cupcake kit and they were a hit. 


Many people at my little party asked, "Did you make these?"  Like there's no way I could handle such a culinary task.  I would then reply, "Yes, I made them and I used a Ziploc bag to pipe on the frosting...take that."

 
In a quick recap of my random thoughts for the day:
1.  Kids = a lot of work.
2.  If I ever have kids, I'll cover this wood floor with a rubber mat...I really will.
3.  Change up some knobs because it's fun.
4.  Theme parties! 
5.  Is there anything that can't be solved by a Ziploc?

No comments: