9.25.2010

Thankful

After literally weeks of rain, clouds, and zero sun...we finally were blessed with the perfect fall day.  Crisp warm air with a bright blue sky to contrast the newly yellow, red, and purple leaves.  A day that a person wishes they could bottle and save forever. 

This evening I had the pleasure of capturing some more family memories.  I just returned home, uploaded all the pics, and did my run through of them.  This one made me catch my breath.  It's a picture that makes me so very thankful my parents saw my love of photography and gifted me my camera four Christmases ago.  It's a picture that makes me so very thankful there have been people along the way to help me learn how to use that camera.  It's a picture that makes me so very thankful there are families that allow me into their lives for a brief time.  It's a picture that makes me so very thankful and makes me think about how lucky I am.     


And, don't even get started on the little princess and her family.  Seriously amazing.  A quintessential end to the perfect fall day. 

2 comments:

Tonya said...

ok, this makes me not only thankful for my children whom I am blessed beyond doubt but for people like you who allow others, through their eyes, to be able to capture some of the beauty I see in my eyes every day! It was a perfect fall evening and I appreciate you spending it with us!

Kyhlene said...

You captured Ella in such a cute way...can't wait to see all the other pictures. Can't imagine how you got the boys to stay still. I have been wanting to ask you to take our family pictures at some point but keep putting it off.So now I am asking you if you could snap for us. Have to figure out when Gregg can because now we are harvesting again, yah!