10.30.2011

Air, Corn, and Sea Salt for Groove

It happened.  

My groove.  

It's back.

Yesterday evening, I was slicing mushrooms.  So very appropriate my groove would come flying in during veggie chopping.  

In my kitchen.  Music floating through the air.  Fire crackling in the living room {yes, it's natural gas...but I swear it crackles}.  Rain on the window.  

And just like that.  I looked up from the mushrooms and first thought, "Hey.  This is fabulous."  Then I actually said out loud, "Yes!"  

I flipped my knife around in a little oh yeahhh and danced a shimmy shake right there.  

Danced in my kitchen.  By myself.  With a lime green knife.  

I have grown.  I have learned.  I have my groove back.  

The other day, I air popped my own popcorn to bring to Sister Pister's volleyball game.  Because dangit, I like to eat popcorn at sporting events but I don't like to eat a bag of oil.  So I made my own.  As I sat there with my camera and a ziploc baggie of popcorn which had been finagled out of my purse, I realized that sometimes my groove is as simple as air, corn, and sea salt.  

Not everything needs to be rocket science.  

No comments: