10.27.2011

Leftover Mascara and Cow Poop

Last Friday, after snuggling that sweet baby, my friend Jessie and I made the road trip to Bismarck to attend the grand opening celebration of our forever friend's new business venture.  April owns CC's Physical Therapy and added a twist to her normal operations.  Feminine Fitness.  Let's just say this.  It does involve poles and dancing, but it's so much more.  Women being powerful and confident and fabulous.  

We had oh so much fun at the opening with wine and demonstrations, but also afterwards with dancing and singing karaoke and getting phone numbers handed to us on paper napkins and being ridiculous.  I love getting together with the girls I used to attend bonfires in high school with and the girls I used to road trip to football games with and the girls I used to gossip about cute boys with and the girls I used to run from the cops with in college.  I love being with them again because they know me on a different level than most.  Because we went through the awkward together and that pretty much bonds you for life.  

As we were all click click clicking down the streets in our variety of heels, I had one of those moments of when did this happen as I realized the goals and dreams we used to talk about when we were all smushed on one of our bed's at a sleepover are starting to come to fruition.  This growing up, going after career goals, getting married, having babies, dating, buying houses, dating some more, getting wrinkles...is happening.  We are doing it.  And I have truly amazing friends; the kind of ladies everyone hopes they have in their life.  

I could not be more proud of you April and your ventures.  Because I believe it is such a winner, I will even be making the trip for some classes this spring when I don't have to worry about being stuck in a snow bank.  I hope you will let me sleep on your couch and wear your sweatpants.  Just like the old days.  Except without your dog peeing on me in the middle of the night.  That part I do not want to be like college.     

Feminine Fitness.  Check it out.  


After getting in at an hour even I'm not used to, Jessie and I woke up at six 6:30 on Saturday morning to leave so I could make it back it time to help work cows.  Coffee was necessary for the trip home.  


But, I knew I didn't want to miss the fall cattle working.  I missed all the rounding up and hauling this year because of a pesky thing called a job and I like time with dirt, sun, and family so Saturday was a must.


I wish I had some pictures of my fashion from the night before.  A blazer from the "teacher store."  I am aware the word blazer put in the same sentence as teacher store probably makes you think tacky, but I swear it was not nerdy.  What might have been nerdy was us getting ready in the Wendy's bathroom.  Yes, I said the Wendy's bathroom.  We didn't eat there.  Just changed there.  Classy.   

Cute blazer and a necklace so fun even a guy noticed...to...seven layers of random with squished hat head.  Variety is the spice of life. 

 
Now here is when I will admit to the fact that coffee and a brownie were necessary in the late afternoon during the calf working when I pretended I needed to go to the bathroom.  I really just needed a break from pushing the tub because the wine from the evening before was starting to take its toll.

And fine.  I actually had two brownies.  Cow working absolutely counts as a holiday.         


At this point in the early evening starting to set sun, I do think this calf and I were feeling the same.  Feeling the maybe I had a little too much fun last night.  The good news is we both made it through.   

  
Friday night was dancing, singing karaoke, and click clicking heels with my forever friends.  All day Saturday was family time and cow working with left over mascara on my eyes and cow poop on my shirt.  A slice of random and a full life.  Which is just how I like it.



2 comments:

Sandy said...

I want to place a bet, Amy. The bet is that no other blog on the Internet is titled Leftover Mascara and Cow Poop. Definitely a unique experience. See you in less than 2 weeks.

Amy said...

I bet you will win with that bet! :) And yes...that wedding is just around the corner and I can't wait for the fun!