10.05.2011

Feeling the Love for Judd

So there was this one time I went to The Judds concert with my friend Brittany and felt the love for all  things Judd.  

As we both sat there with our boots on and each applied lip gloss sixty-three times, I turned to Britt and said, "I feel myself becoming obsessed with who they are."

She nodded in agreement.  Which is exactly what I figured she would do because we both have the obsessive personality.  

And then both of us at the exact same moment said out loud while pointing to below our own right eye, "I want a mole right here like Wynona!"  

Which of course made us laugh because Britt and I are much alike in our wacky ways.  I'm not sure the funny-ness of the situation translated to Brittany's husband Steve when he picked us up after the concert.  He chuckled anyway and that's why he is a little bit better than fabulous.     

But really, the reason I felt myself falling in a trance with The Judds experience had nothing to do with wearing boots, or applying lip gloss, or a mole under an eye.  However, it had everything to do with the songs and the music.  It's the kind of music that makes you want to fall in love with the small town boy while still being an independent woman while curling your hair while praying to Jesus while wearing a sparkly dress while saying "Hallelujah!!" with your hands in the air.  

It's the kind of music that just makes you feel like you can do it.  Whatever it might be. 

And Wynona has a sense of humor.  An odd one.  I can relate.  

So The Judds concert turned out to be a hit.  Things that derived from the 80s really are the best.   

I did not bring my camera to the concert.  But I said to Brittany, "Hey take some pictures because I'm going to need to write about this."  So she did and she shared.

Seeing The Judds do their thing turned out to be something crossed off my bucket list that I didn't even know was on there to begin with.  I love when that happens.


Since I feel like the Judd women might share this same sentiment, I'm going to add this in here...there really is a little something something about lip gloss.  I swear.  I know I always say it makes my heart happy and it continues to do so, but it also does more.  It makes me feel powerful.  Like as I smooth that sticky film on my lips, I am adding a touch of team rock star and can go out and sucker punch anything that gets in my way.  Yes, all that from lip gloss.  It's the same as ball rearranging by baseball players.   Yes, I mean those balls when I say that.  Well, maybe that's not the best analogy because I don't really know if that makes them feel powerful but I figure it sure must since they tend to do it fairly frequently.    

Lip gloss and ball rearranging.  The secrets to success.  Maybe?   

3 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

You didn't mention the part where I had lip gloss all over my face!

Sandy said...

Ball arranging....now I would have never thought that was where this post was going. I am laughing and smiling, Amy, laughing and smiling.

Amy said...

How could I forget looking over at you, Britt, and seeing the look of a two year old who just got into her mom's makeup with red gloss all over?! Classic.

Sandy, my brain works in weird ways. What can I say? :)