10.29.2011

Doing Some Life Loving

Love the life you have while you create the life of your dreams.

I'm not sure if I read or heard that nugget, but it stuck with me.  

When the rest of the cow working crew walked across the yard to make their way into the house for lunch, I traded my leather gloves for my camera and ambled down the winding driveway.  

It's part of loving my life.  Capturing it in still frames.  

The sun on the stacks of hay.  Neatly stacked hay is pretty.  Not neatly stacked hay makes my heart beat fast.


Crispy leaves beckoning me to lay in them.


Taking a brief pause to pick out a model leaf.  Feeling the rest of the world slipping away.


The wind causing me to sweep the escaped hair from my pony-tail off my face.  And in the seconds of looking up, catching a glimpse of leaves swirly blowing down the driveway.


My creative beast successfully fed.   

For dessert, catching the sun bouncing once I found myself back in the yard.   


I can't explain why I laid down in the leaves before going in to wash my hands and eat lunch with the rest of the cow working crew other than...it simply is me being the person I am meant to be

And when I finally squeezed in a place at the crowded table, no one even wondered where I was.  It's like they just know when I take off with my camera, I'm doing some life loving.   


At the end of that long day, when all the work was complete and the cattle were carving their path back to the pastures, it happened again.  


The pull to stop.  The pull to capture it.  To make it still.    


The pull to love the life I have while I create the life of my dreams. 

1 comment:

matt n karisa said...

Not neatly stacked hay makes me grit my teeth.