12.29.2011

A Little for Now

Christmas.  

Was magnificent.  

And I am enjoying my week break by not being in front of the computer.  But here are a few scenes from the preparation before the festivities began. 

Little ones church Christmas program.  The reason for the season.  


Going with Karen and her family to their girls' dance recital.  I am basically Sugar and Spice's aunt.  Here's why I know.  They find me in the crowd and they smile at me.  Melt my heart.  Then I get that same teary eyed business that happens when I watch the four munchkins do their thing.  Here's what else was just on this side of fabulous.  The sparkles.  Anything with sparkles is a win.


 Wrapping presents with a side of hot coffee on Christmas Eve morning.  While wrapping this year, I had the epiphany that it doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to cover the present.  It's kind of like learning to leave dishes in the sink every once in awhile.     


The start of Christmas Eve at the farm.  The start of a day and night tucked forever in the Christmas memory book.  More to come when I'm not squeezing every bit of goodness out of this week.  More to come.     

I hope your holiday season has been the merriest of merries.  I hope you are squeeze hugging your loved ones.  I hope you are soaking it all in.  I hope you are happy. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Very cool and happy right back at you, Amy.