12.18.2011

White, Red, and Green Goody

Alright, so I know I said before that holiday cards are my Christmas crack.  But I might have to change that statement because this goody I whipped up last week to bring to work is seriously like crack.  Once started, it is nearly impossible to stop.  And it is ridiculously easy, so much so that I almost don't want to tell you how to make it.  It could be my little Christmas treat secret to bring and wow.   

However, considering I found the idea on the internets, I better spread the wealth.       


Here's what you need.  White chocolate chips, shelled pistachios, craisins, pretty bowls, wax paper, two baking sheets, and will power.  You are going to need to have your will power tucked in your pocket.  Like don't even lick the spoon unless you plan on eating the whole batch.  It's that kind of a situation.   

 
I didn't really follow the recipe.  I mean I did in the fact it's three ingredients.  It's not like you can really mess with that, but I changed the amounts.  I used two normal sized bags of white chocolate chips.  Melt them slowly until they become ooeeeyyy gooeeyy goodness.     
 
 
Then, let it cool for a few minutes but stir it every once in awhile so it doesn't lose the smooth.  Line two baking sheets with wax paper while the slight cooling is happening.  Then add one cup of craisins and one cup of shelled pistachios.  Gently combine.   

 
Spread the Christmas crack out evenly on the waxed paper and place in the fridge for several hours.  I repeat.  If you do not want to eat this entire batch, do not even lick the spoon.   

 
After it's been in the fridge for several hours, break it up into chunks.  If you want to do large chunks, go for it.  If you want to do small chunks, go for it.  Whatever floats your boat.  


It's so very festive when it is all done because of the color combination of white, red, and green.  Make this and people will give you a big hug.  Maybe even a big kiss.  It's that good.  Smooth white chocolate, sweet craisins, and salty pistachios work together to create a win.  Whoever thought of this needs a high five.   

4 comments:

Danica said...

Dear good gracious I adore your blog! Are you on instagram yet? Because you need to be. So I can follow you.

Amy said...

Awwww, thanks girl! And I am not on instagram because I do not have an iphone. Shocking I know! :) I'm crossing my fingers for xmas. And I will let you know.

Amy said...

It's on my list to bring Lacie! See you this weekend. :)

Sandy said...

Yummy-licious and so easy...will have to try it. Thanks, Amy.