5.14.2012

Hanging Diapers and Brunching

"You can take these diapers home with you.  And don't worry, they are new."  

"Really?  They aren't filled with poop?" 

Laughter all around.  Because diapers aren't something you speak of in new or used terms.  Not like a car or clothes to pass down to the next little or appliances.  The thing is...you wouldn't have used diapers hung up in your house to use as baby shower decorations.  

But of course, that statement came out of my mouth.  "And don't worry, they are new."  Uffda.  

But of course, my cousin Erin had to call me out on the ridiculous with no chance of letting my silly statement slide under the radar.  

But of course, that scene was the ending of a sweet baby shower brunch at my house on Saturday morning.  


Myself and the other ladies who helped with the planning decided brunch would be a win because it offers up the opportunity to drink champagne in the morning without being judged.  


And cute little brunch type food is fun.  My sister-in-law hit it out of the park with her mini quiches and applesauce muffins.  


While Natalie did the delicious and pretty BLT bites and veggie/fruit kabobs.  


With my aunt Colette whipping in some deviled eggs.  


I layered up angel food cake cubes with pudding magic fluffy stuff and fruit, put some chocolate chip cookies in a paisley bowl, and cleaned my floors.   


Yum.  It was all double yum.  Good thing I only hung new diapers around the place; otherwise the appetites might have been lost.   


Let's just have one quick moment for a mom of four children under the age of six who manages to find the time to not only keep them clean and fed, but also bakes muffins and quiches early in the morning and makes the most adorable diaper cake ever.  Sil, I've said it before, but I'll say it again...you have it going on.  

 
Finally, let's just have one more quick moment.  This time for my cousin Erin.  The new momma to be.  Who likes to call me out on my ridiculousness and who will, along with her husband, welcome that little baby of theirs with the most loving of arms.  She will totally rock out the mom thing.  I mean, she already knows the difference between a used and new diaper.  She's ready!  Baby smushing right around the corner.    



1 comment:

Sandy said...

Beautifully delicious table. So many pretty colors in all of the photos. You rock, Amy! Sandy