5.25.2012

Those Two and It's Time

Those two.  

"It's those two again!" 

But this time, they weren't running through the background or deciding to take a bathroom break in the middle of my yard.  This time they were just being adorable and charming.  

After I finished the cupcake cuteness pictures, both Owen and Emma yelled, "My turn!"  

Who am I to argue?  
 

Five minutes later, they were happy they had their time to shine.  They did just that too.  They shined.  Hair doesn't need to be perfectly done, outfits don't need to be the best or even clean for that matter, faces can have some left over dinner on them too.  Because that's not what is important for a picture, a capturing of a brief moment in time.  What's important is the person.  The inside of the person shining through to the outside.   

Which is not hard for those two considering they are cute as bugs.  Just like their littlest sister.
 
 
Now for the life really is not fair part.  Emma's tiny body is still working on healing completely after her big surgery in March.  
 
 
She is starting to feel the frustration of not being able to do "normal" kid activities and it is heartbreaking when she says in the most excited innocent voice things like, "Amy!  When I am awll heawled, I'm going to go down the slide!"  Her attitude is a lesson for us all.  
 
So if you have a second, think of her and maybe send up a prayer for that wound of hers to finally close once and for all.  It's time.  More than time.  
 

Emma Bean has slides which are calling her name and pools she wants to swim in and lake sand she wants to dig in and swings she wants to use to fly through the air.   

3 comments:

Momma Debi said...

Prayers for healing for this little one.

Danae said...

Ok, just a few things:

*These pictures are adorable!!

*I love Emma's pose with the hand on her head!!

* Any and all prayers would be really appreciated!!

*Finally, Amy Beth, I am so glad that Emma has you thinking about her and that you are always there to listen to me. It is nice to just get the things that I am stressing about out there for someone else to hear. I feel so much better after our talks. And yes, we could all learn from Emma's attitude. I think I would have been in tears more than once in the last couple months if I was her. (This is the part where we pretend that I have not cried more than she has:)

Amy said...

Danae, always here for you and your family. Always. Love you all.