5.22.2012

An Extra Hour? Say What!

When I walked through my door after work, I already had the stickie note in my hand of the list of get dones before Muscle Pump at six. 

--Clean car (a total wreck from my two weeks of craziness)
--Vacuum
--Run over floor
--Put away laundry

Knowing I had an hour and a half or so, I put it in high gear.  80s prom dresses from my bedroom floor to the back of the car, my craft supplies used to decorate for graduation from all over in car back to office closet, laundry walked to and fro, vacuum and swiffer properly used...then I got real crazy and decided to clean out my purse and pack my lunch for tomorrow and put coffee in for the morning and dye my hair black. 

Totally kidding on the last one. 

I had fifteen minutes left to spare after all this was checked off, so I popped some air popped goodness and sat down to start editing pictures.  Then for some reason I thought to myself, "Self you should check what time the class is again because you always get confused between Tuesday and Thursday."  So I listened to myself and checked. 

Muscle Pump at 7:10 pm. 

An extra hour gifted. 

Love that. 

Here I sit. 

Not editing pictures like I should be, but rather telling you all about this because I'm so excited about having an extra hour with all that other not so fun business taken care of.  Because I know myself and it would have been procastination station around here had I thought there was another hour. 

So the moral of the story.  Besides that I can ramble.   

Pretend everything is an hour earlier than it actually is.  It's amazing what you can get done. 

Now let me go back for a moment and explain that indeed, there are four 80s prom dresses in the back of my car right now.  Red, yellow, blue, and pink.  No joke.  One of my best friends named April who I was once handcuffed to and placed in the back of a cop car with had her bachelorette party on the evening of the baby shower at my house last weekend.  That afternoon was a rush of trying to track down an 80s dress to wear because that was the theme of the party bus party.  I couldn't not go with the theme. 

Turned out every dress I borrowed from every person I could think of who might have one was just not quite right.  One was too short.  One was an inch away from zipping.  And then one showed my butt cheeks.  I thought it looked pretty fabulous and Sil was still here from the shower so I yelled for her to come in my room to check it out.  It was the red one.  I said, "I think this one will actually work."  I spun around and Sil said, "Yes it will.  As long as you are okay with completely showing your butt cheeks." 

Turns out the slit didn't quite work with how tall I am.  It's funny I didn't feel the breeze.   

I'm just glad Sil was still here.  I'm not all about showing hiney. 

So then I just threw together random items from my own closet and came up with the best I could.  At least my hair agrees with the 80s without any trouble.  Then Danae picked me up and we headed down to Bismarck for the festivities.  We sang our hearts out the whole way; I even found a CD in her case which caused me to say this, "This is my handwriting! And it says DRIVE HOME! This will be perfect!!" She and I used to sing sing sing the entire drive back and forth to Fargo during our college days. Putting that CD in brought us right back.  Once in Bismarck, we waited outside of a gas station for the party bus to pick us up. 

Nothing like two classy girls wearing neon and black waiting on a bench with champagne and zebra print and a bug filled front of the car. 

 
People stared. I think it was just because I could carry that overly large bag of ice without it touching my dress. That's what I tell myself. Not because we looked utterly ridiculous or anything like that. 


I didn't bring the big camera with for the festivities; I've learned it's not a genius idea to tote it along when on a mission of whoo hoo!!  But let's just say some fun was had by all.  Even though this is a blurrier than blurry iphone picture, it captures a memory I want to tuck away. 

Aren't you glad I ended up with an extra hour?  Otherwise I'd be lifting a weight above my head over and over again right now.  Then I wouldn't have shared all of these revelations with you.   

No comments: