5.16.2012

Keeping it Way Real

Yes, I love to throw parties with well thought out details and cutsies galore.  

I love having a group of people all together looking fine in their party finest.

Thinking and planning for that kind of gathering lights my fire.  

But do you want to know what I almost love more?

A not put together at all, throw as much stuff on my patio table as possible, eat off of paper plates, not care about the presentation, paint your nails because your kids aren't there to smudge them, feed a tired baby, drink too much wine and vodka sodas with limes, wrap up in blankets when it gets cold, laugh until there are tears, take two pictures and two pictures only...on my phone at that, ask the "sprinkler man" if he wants his french kiss now or later, solve the world's problems kind of evening with my friends.  




That's reality people.  And it's not that I almost love it more.  I do love it more.  

Because standing in your kitchen still in your running clothes while traces of sweat are drying, cutting up colored peppers, rinsing grapes, and getting out the good cheese when the doorbell rings with a rushing in of, "Hey hey!  We are here!" is the start of a real life party.  

You need people in your life who you want to be with when you don't care what you look like or what your house looks like or what the table presentation looks like.  Oh yeah you need them.  

What you don't need though, is the party interrupted by an overflowing toilet.  An actual water running all over hell kind of situation.


A screaming, yelling, jumping up and down, crossing legs from laughing too hard situation.   

I'm just glad in the midst of the gushing to the floor, I thought to bend down and shut the water off.  Otherwise, it could have been a long night.  

I'm also glad my sweatshirt was three sizes too big; having your sleeves drop in toilet water is awesome.  Yes, I just exposed you to pictures of an overflowing toilet.  Now you know it's not always glitter and unicorns up in here.  But fun?  Fun is always here.  Teeth stained from wine kind of fun.   

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

Really ugly picture of me, but I have to agree it was a great time!

Amy said...

Really ugly pictures of me too! But fun was definitely had. And you got those finger nails all painted up. :)