5.23.2012

Cupcake Cute with a Fax Thrown In

This just happened in my yard. 


It's Autumn's first birthday tomorrow. 


So naturally Danae brought her to my house with a giant cupcake pinata so I could grab a quilt off my couch to lay on the grass and we could both dance around and clap cheers to once again baffle the neighbors at what goes down over here.   


At one point I was laughing so hard my camera was a shake shaking and I had to take a brief second break from clicking.  Danae's two oldest poptarts kept running behind the scene and I kept telling them to run and touch the neighbor's deck and then finally Danae said in exasparation, "Not those two again!"  She really does love them.  I think.  She just didn't want their bums and hands in the cupcake world.


 And then we got even more of the giggles when Autumn kept doing this pose with her leg.  I said, "Get her to stop doing that weird leg thing."  Danae walked over to her, pushed her leg down, and it popped right back up.  She turned to me, "I guess she likes showing that yoga pose."  I guess so too.  Especially when her brother and sister are taking a break from Amy's game of run to the neighbor's deck as fast as you can in the background.   


Those two goofs stopping in for a sit or yoga poses gone wrong made no matter because little Autumn did her shining right through the chaos. 


Once ten minutes went by, I felt I had enough of Autumn.  Then it was the cupcake's turn for a solo.  I like to keep the neighbors on their toes with where I point my camera.  A minute later this came out of my mouth, "Okay so I think we are done."  Danae and I high-fived and patted ourselves on the back for our successful eleven minute picture taking escapade. 


I couldn't stop there though.  Ending on a high note.  Oh no.  Instead I decided it was necessary to add, "Just fax me with the details and I'll get right on whipping up the invite." 

Just fax me?  Who says that anymore?  Uffda. 

Danae's response was, "How about I text you?  Or maybe I could email you?  Facebook you?  Call you?  I'm not sure about the whole faxing idea." 

Thank you friend.  Thank you for laughing with me instead of at me.  Because really, just fax me.  Yeah I said that.  Therefore, you can laugh. 

And your baby girl who is turning one tomorrow sure is cute.   

2 comments:

Danae said...

Dear Amy,
Thank you for not putting a picture of Owen peeing in your yard and almost hitting his sister with it!! A photo session with you is always more fun than one at Sears. They don't make me laugh so hard I have tears in my eyes and they never tell me to fax them the details!! Love ya!! The pictures are amazing and I think to truly appreciate how amazing they are, you needed to be there in all the chaos!! Can't wait to see the invite. I just need to figure out how to get you that fax!! Bahaaa!! Seriously though, you are so talented and so kind to do these things for my children. Can you imagine if I made the invite?? Let's leave me in charge of finding cute outfits and props!!

Amy said...

How could I forget to mention the peeing in the background?! Love the crazy times we share together...never a dull moment.