5.04.2012

Neil Diamond and Planning

Having my nephew curled up in my lap actually letting himself relax and be still while a glass of wine sits next to me and my sister and sister-in-law both sit across from me while the rest of the family and the remaining little poptarts are listening to music in the living room...all while a lively planning discussion goes down for a graduation party and a cousin's baby shower is now on my list of things in which my heart is happy. 

That actually happened a couple weeks ago.  One of those moments.  You know the kind.  I refer to them often.  The ones you want to bottle up everything about.  The sounds.  The smells.  The sights.  The feelings.  Simply put, because believe or not sometimes simple is best, they are the good stuff moments.

My ping-pong-ness teamed with Sil's cooking/baking prowess teamed with Sister Pister's flow rider ways makes for an interesting planning combination.  

Horseshoes out of felt!  Wishing you good luck in your future!   

Let me order cupcake liners now; I'll pop on Amazon.  Do you want purple and yellow?  Oh, but look at these green polka dot ones!  

How about we do purple and gold for the Bombers and green and gold for the Bison?  Like my past and my future. 

Yes!   

So we'll need to practice making little quiches and tarts, which day do you want to do that and do you want to do it here or at your house?

Here.  You actually have kitchen supplies.  

Come sit by me.  I'll paint your nails for you.    

Oooooo!!  A cake.  I'm making a cake.  Can I make you one cake too?  You know the ones with the two sticks and a string between them on top making a little garland! 

I want yellow cake with chocolate frosting because you can't have chocolate cupcakes and chocolate cake.  

Hmmmm...I can make eight mini cupcakes at a time and you want four hundred of them?  This calls for a day of drinking and baking cupcakes.  

Diapers on a clothesline!!  That'll be cute!  And I can put scrapbook paper on them to match the nursery decor!    

It was really quite productive.  Dates are put in calendars for practice runs and emails are flying back and forth with decor and recipe ideas.  Sister Pister will be at her party looking cute and accomplished.  We know that much.  And we will all do some belly rubbing on that cousin of ours and shower her with love.  Presents too of course.  

And the entire length of that productive planning session, smushy faced little poptarts fresh from baths jumped from lap to lap while Neil Diamond poured from Dad-o's iphone...it was simply one of those moments.  

The moments I want to always remember.  The I'm one of the lucky ones moments.  

Apparently I also wanted to remember this Friday night run to Target because I found it in my instagram pictures.  Shirts from the little girl's section; neon and they were five dollars.  Therefore, I am not above shopping in the zone where the sizes start at 4T.  A nail polish because I darn near can not go to Target without grabbing an essie.  And toilet paper.  No explanation needed.  My life is so very exciting. 

No comments: