5.13.2012

Dominoes, Naps, and Cookies

Paybacks.  

They'll be coming some day.  I'm sure of it.  

Because I believe in playing the "raise your hand if you want your aunt to give you another cookie" game.


Before the raise your hand game with cookies, the two littlest were sleeping soundly for their afternoon naps.  Is there anything sweeter than eyelashes resting on the chubby cheeks of a baby?


The only thing that just might qualify as being sweeter are the toes of a toddler playing peek-a-boo through the crib.


During the littles' nap time, I played a rousing game of dominoes with the two oldest.  We made up rules.  We noticed fun color combinations.  We talked about their ridiculously long eyelashes.  We laughed.  We reviewed what we have learned about fist pumps and donkey kicks.  We sang and danced along to the music.


Then with sleep left in one set of eyes, we had a cookie floor picnic.  Because I believe in the importance of floor picnics.


And I believe in playing the "raise your hand if you want your aunt to give you another cookie" game.

Paybacks.

They'll come.

But for now, I am going to keep being the aunt who gets to love up on her nieces and nephews and teach them goofy tricks and laugh with them.  They'll only be tiny for a preciously short time and I want to be in those memories of theirs.

 
Most of all though, I want to be the aunt who teaches them about donkey kicking.  I mean those are the important lessons people.


Accessorizing too.  Cowboy hat on the ballerina and bracelet on the football player.  While we are at it, let's throw in wild outfit choices as well.

No comments: