12.27.2010

My Christmas Eve

was filled...

...with home.  The place I grew up will always be called home.  On Christmas Eve, my immediate family gathered at the farm to have an early dinner {that's lunch time if you aren't from 'round here} that consisted of lefse, meatballs, mashed potatoes, lutefisk, vegetables, homemade bread, etc...  It's the traditional Norwegian meal and it's what we have always had on Christmas Eve.  My grandma {on my mom's side} used to be the cooker of the meal and my grandpa used to be the one that insisted on having lutefisk.  Now, Momma Debi is the official meatball maker and Dad-o and Brother insist on the lutefisk.  Traditions passed down...that's what holidays are all about.

 
...with pretty people in the kitchen doing "cleanup" so we could open presents.   


...with presents of course.  New boots, hats {some goofy}, cowboy gear, Kindles, clothes, and jewelry to name a few.  Even though it's always fun to get new things...I love the little moments that happen in between the most.     


...with an older brother that still loves to drive me batty.


...with a sister-in-law who is the best and how she puts up with the above fella, I'm not sure.


...with delicious treats for all to share and coffee for me out of my favorite mug ever.


...with church.  The true reason for the season.


...with a twist on a traditional Christmas Eve supper.  Crab and an amazing fruit salad.


...with late night Christmas tree photo opps that quickly turned to sister silliness.  All the while Dad-o was on the couch reading on his new toy.  He's great at tuning out our ridiculous.    


...with new memories that will forever be treasured as Christmas Eve 2010.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

LOVE Isabel's boots :)

Elaine said...

Thanks for sharing-love you

Tonya said...

Great family pics Amy~sounds like the same day I had, but think my family had more wine available! HA Love your niece's boots, so much in fact that I may have to buy a pony for Ella, just so she can wear those boots on one. Happy New Year!