12.30.2010

A Tale

A tale of two sisters.  

Once upon a time, there were two sisters.  They were about as different as can be.  One laid back, carefree, a risk taker...really just a take it as it comes kind of girl.  The other high strung, a worrier, a bit bossy...really an everything has a plan kind of girl.  

So, when the latter of the two sisters was chopping vegetables on Christmas Eve preparing her Texas Caviar dip for the next day, her heart felt all happy inside when the bowl looked like this.  Everything in its place, nice and tidy, and all the while it really was rather lovely.     


Then, the sister that was mentioned first came along and said, "That's boring.  Watch this."  And, she proceeded to mix it all up and proclaimed to the second sister, "See.  Now it's FUN!!  Just like me!"  Then, she did a little dance in the middle of the kitchen because her heart felt all happy inside when the bowl looked like this.  Nothing in its place.  In fact, it was as if nothing ever really had a place to start with, simply a little chaotic craziness and just the way the sister that was mentioned first likes things.  


Yes, the sister mentioned first thinks her way is so much better.  And, really the sister that was mentioned second also believes her way is so much better.  That's why when I found out that it was Sister Pister that wrapped this Christmasy ribbon so perfectly around the entire banister at the farm, I couldn't help but do a little dance of my own.  Because, that right there...well, that shows that her little self can indeed be organized and does in fact value a little bit of pretty in her surroundings.  


And, then...then on Christmas Day when I spotted Sister Pister being all organized and very planner-esque as she organized the numbers for the present games and then proceeded to be a bit bossy as she went around to everyone, my heart swelled with pride.  Ahh, Sister Pister.  You do a have a tad of me after all.  


So, it turns out the ending of this tale of two sisters is this: 

I WIN. 

I love you and your crazy little self Sister Pister, but...I win.  


 So, don't be looking at me like that.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy. Now we both know that I won. Would you like to go back to the arm wrestling episode? :)

-Sister Pister