11.04.2011

The Gift of Knowing Myself

It's 6:05 pm. 

My legs now curled up and resting on my favorite floral chair.  

A short while ago, they were running.  With the beat of my playlist as their guide and the incredible fall sun as their sidekick.  

It's 6:06 pm.  

My lungs now breathing slow and full.   

A short while ago, they were pumping.  Taking in the crisp air and churning it back out.  

It's 6:07 pm.

I am happy.  And feeling immense gratitude.   


I am thankful to have capable legs and lungs.  Thankful I had the gift of spending forty-five minutes of my Friday afternoon out in the air.  Thankful for every single stride.  Each one means I am healthy and I am strong, both physically and mentally.


Running has given me more than words can say, but most importantly, it has bestowed upon me the opportunity to know myself. 


I feel extraordinarily grateful for those first few running steps I made the choice to make over a year ago...for every step I have taken since then...for every future step I know will come.  

Because running is my every day reminder that every up hill climb is followed by a down hill swing. 

No comments: