11.20.2011

Different Breed of Sunday Morning

Late last night, my friend Danae and I drank wine and ate apples while her husband Blake worked in his office and their kids were tucked snuggly in their beds.   


 Some kitchen dancing went down.  


Followed by laughter of the best kind.  This is the ugly kind of laughing.  Which is what makes it the best kind.  Because something is funny and you just don't care.   


And then I had to sleep on their loveseat.  Because that's how responsible I am.  

Which means this morning, I had a different breed of Sunday wake-up.  This cute nugget was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes in the still dark early.   


"What Amy still doinnn' here?" was the first thing I heard from this wild haired Miss Thing.  I can totally relate to the wild hair.  


As this little farmer in training asked, "Want to look at the Ag Week with me?"  Because that was all he was concerned about at seven this morning.  


Before any Ag Week looking could occur, a cup of coffee was necessary.  It always is after a night on the wine.  


Then Blake made breakfast.  Cue awesome man here.


I curled up in the recliner to feed Autumn her bottle while the rest of the crew enjoyed their breakfast.  As I looked across the living room, I told Emma, "You look just like your daddy this morning."  She said right back with her hands squeezed up to her face, "I just love him so much!"  Seriously.  Melt your heart.

Danae, your family is the best.

You are fantastic as well.  Because you can peaches, pears, salsa, and peach honey spread without using white sugar.  Then you share with me.  Cue amazing woman here.   


Yes, I had a different breed of a Sunday wake-up this morning.  Toys bopping.  Little voices yelling.  Bottle feeding and baby smushing.  Friends laughing.  Dishes clanging.  I've said it before and I am going to say it again...I am blessed to be given the opportunity to share in my friends' lives.  I love them for it.

And Blake.  I am so proud of you for getting over having to use wheat flour in the your famous pancakes.  So proud.

3 comments:

Danae said...

Good times! After seeing this, Blake really thinks he is quite the photographer. He also added that his pancakes really photograph well :) You are welcome to crash on the purple couch anytime!!

Jessie said...

Come crash on my couch next! Brandon will make you breakfast too :)

Amy said...

Jessie, you don't have to ask me twice! Then I can compare Brandon's breakfast to Blake's and give them a score sheet and everything. :) Or better yet...let's all have one big couch crashing party!

Danae, don't let Blake get a big head about the photography. Just don't let him. :)