1.05.2013

Closing the Book on this One

And the last of the holiday happenings...I can say with a full heart, this was the best season of red and green ever. 
 
Taking sibling pictures by the tree. 
 
 
And family pictures in the falling snow. 
 
 
Receiving early Christmas gifts from a budding artist. 
 

Enjoying red and green cuisine.  And let me add, coming home from work after a stressful Friday to throw on running clothes and hit the cold streets to pound it out and then walking in with sweat running to a meal of stuffed peppers just being pulled from the oven is greatness.   

 
Touring lights in the local park.  

 
Taking in a wonderful ballet production with Brittany and Stella, watching Stella's lip glossed lips smile as her eyes twinkled was holiday perfection.  


Helping put on a birthday party for a sparkly five year old. 


Obliging the sparkly five year old who just wanted Reese cups with toothpicks as appetizers.  I told Karen it was her finest party food yet. 
 

Seeing the undescribable beauty of frost covered trees for days upon days. 
 

Wearing sequins to the book club Christmas party to indulge in wine, sushi, presents, glitter, and the feeling of complete appreciation for those ladies in my life.   


Watching Christmas programs with tears in my eyes and the after program pictures giving me the heart squeeze.  "You have to take a picture of our elf too!" 

 
Napping with the sunlight streaming through the window.  I am not the best napper ever but I observed napping and I did manage to fall asleep once.   
 

Playing with a little girl named Emma in a tent with lights.  Tents now come with lights and it makes it even more magical to be hidden away with blankets and toys. 


Spending hours crocheting with my mom.  Learning new things and conquering my first slouchy hat while feeling more than grateful for the quality time.   

 
Partying New Year's Eve at friends' house with friends all around.  Blessed holiday season indeed, starting off what is sure to be a very fulfilling new year.   



No comments: