1.17.2013

The 13 Goals for '13

Number One
Work on my flexibility.  Not flexibility in the sense of go with the flow-ness, flexibility in the sense of I can't freaking lift my leg past my midline when lying down.  Also in the sense of you're supposed to be able to touch your toes?  I consider myself to be fairly in shape and my core is strong but I am quite possibly the least flexible person around.  So I'm going to start stretching.  I'm one of those very very naughty people who do not stretch before or after running and working out.  Bad bad habit.  2013!  The year of touching my toes!  

Moving right along...

Number Two
Next goal.  To create books with my pictures.  I whipped up Christmas presents very frantically in the beginning of December using pictures from throughout the year and what I noticed was this...

I have over 10,000 edited "keeper" pictures by the end of one calendar year.  That's ridiculous.  It's also maybe slightly ridiculous that I go through every single picture.  I never edit much because I believe in making it right from the camera, but I still go through every single picture and whittle it down to...10,000.  

So waiting until December to do something with those?  Not smart.  This year, my goal is to do it monthly.  Blurb is a fantastic book making site and I will be working on books throughout the year; not just in December.  Because in December I really want to be wearing twinkly lights around my neck while singing Christmas carols and sprinkling glitter on presents.  That's why.  Also because I've decided I want my pictures to be around forever so I best get them in some hard copy format with the way this world is always a changing.  Want them to be around forever I tell you.  One day I want someone to look at me wearing orange corduroy pants and think, "She was not stylish.  Not one bit."

Number Three
To answer my phone more.  It's a silly phobia this answering the phone thing.

Number Four
To say "not right now" or "no" more often.  I think that's why I have a paralyzing fear of answering the phone; it's almost like if I answer it, then I will be faced with saying yes or no to something and what happens is I say yes and then I cry because I shouldn't have.

Number Five
Be less dramatic.  Just go ahead and reread over that last goal and I don't need to explain this one.

Number Six
Increase the amount of money in my savings.  Time to put on my big girl pants and become a saver for the future because I'm nearing thirty.  And we all know that after thirty you are forty and then you are fifty and then you are dang near retired.   

Number Seven
Crochet a chevron pattern afghan.  I've mastered cowls and slouchy hats and kitchen dish cloths and now it's time to move on to a chevron pattern afghan.  It's what's in me next; I just know it.


Number Eight
Paint the bedroom set which is currently taking up residence in my garage.  I've done a lot of things in my day when it comes to crafting and creating, but painting wood furniture isn't one of them.  Let me rephrase that, painting the kind of wood furniture which was sold in the mid-90's isn't one of them.  Because if it was real deal wood, I would not be painting it, I would be refinishing.  At any rate, it's a project which needs tackling.      

Number Nine
To wear sunglasses when the sun is bright against the white snow while I wear my newly crocheted hat because forehead wrinkles are not the most attractive of looks.  Alright I'm being a tad sarcastic, but I do need to start taking better care of my skin.  As in doing some kind of skin care regime because currently it's called wash my face in the shower is all I do.  So with my thirty approaching, it's time to sunscreen faithfully and figure out some kind of moisturizer or something something.   

Number Ten
More Saturday morning coffee dates with friends because they really are the best.  Both the dates and the friends.

Number Eleven
Start seriously thinking about writing a book.  Notice I said thinking about writing one, not actually writing one yet.  That might be more of a 2014 goal, it has a better ring to it.  Excuse much?

Number Twelve
Be vulnerable.  I tend to keep a close eye on this center of mine, staying in control at all times.  I know the tiny seeds which grow into the most fulfilling moments in life start in vulnerability.  But who's with me in that it is much easier to talk about throwing caution to the wind and putting yourself out there than actually doing it?   

Number Thirteen
To love more.  And then love some more.  And then maybe even a bit more.  

1 comment:

Tonya said...

You need to change it to "14 Goals," number #14 being of course, TO RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS TO TONYA. Yes, I can be bossy too. :) 240-7721. I have to get onto your date book!