1.29.2013

Two Never Regrets

There are two things I never regret.  

Waking up early.

Getting my run or muscle in before the day starts.  

Not saying it's always easy though.  This morning was a prime example where I chanted to myself, "I never regret waking up or working out.  I never regret waking up or working out." 

Up I went.    

And like I said, I never regret.

But it is, however, always regrettable to wake up after that few extra minutes of sleep I thought would be so fabulous and know I didn't get a run or muscle in.  The extra sleep never outweighs the feeling of working out.  It just doesn't.  

I also am a believer in rising early even when it's not a work day.  Those are my absolute favorite mornings to wake before the sun, knowing I don't have to bust off to the gym quick and head to work.  Golden are those minutes alone with my thoughts and coffee.  Whether it's reading, crocheting, emptying the dishwasher, starting a load of laundry, organizing the party supply cupboard, or paying bills...it's golden.  The promise of an entire day is waiting and I love to be in it and with it.

This Sunday morning was making pom-pom bookmarks and reading Daring Greatly.  My soul was fed by the time the morning sun came bursting through my windows.   


I couldn't help myself later in the day either, the pull to be creative kept on tugging at me.  As in, I took a few minutes in the afternoon to paint metallic tips on feathers.  Why?  I'm not sure yet.  But I figure you can't really go wrong with shimmer and shine.

Add that to my list of never regrets.  Sparkly anything.       


While we are at it, let's also add I never regret doing a donkey kick in the middle of my living room or in the middle of Target or in the dentist's waiting room...but those are stories for a different day. 

Brene Brown's book Daring Greatly is the sharing of her philosophy towards vulnerability.  So far, it's giving me some insight into working towards my own personal goal of putting myself out there.

That may sound like an oxymoron coming from the girl who really does do donkey kicks around the public.  Let me clarify, putting myself out there in real ways is more the goal in mind.

Because I'm fairly certain the times when we let go and let happen, when we take the leap to do the scary and put our brave face on to tackle the feeling of vulnerability, are also always times we never regret.    

2 comments:

Sandy said...

wonderful, sensitive posting.

Amy said...

Thanks Sandy! I so appreciate you and your willingness to share your thoughts about my writing. You are my biggest fan and I love you for it.