2.05.2011

Nest

Here's something fun about the modern world...

You can get something without actually having to go to the place where that something comes from.  

I realize that makes about as much sense as a monkey costume does on an adult so I'll try again.  

Online shopping.  

Whew...that is much easier to understand.  

Remember with me that I went to San Diego the beginning of December for a crazy fun business trip.  While there, I actually had the privilege of shopping in my favorite store that is not located within 500 miles of where I live.  It was fantastic.  Fantastic to be able to touch the items and hear the store music and take in all of the displays.  But, then reality hit me that I already had an overweight luggage problem that cost me some major change and some embarrassment in front of The Boss.  In other words, I left without any goods.   


Fast forward to Christmas and me opening a present from Sil and crew.  I was truly delighted to see this little nest of measuring cups from that store up there.  So delighted that I almost did the little squeal thing some people do when opening presents.  Well, I might have just a little bit.  


This little nest encompasses everything I love about that store up there.  Vintage, color, whimsy, off the beaten path, and instantly a keepsake.  And, without the ability to get something without actually having to go to the place where that something comes from {otherwise known as online shopping}, I would have never received this treasure.

   
Because I'm pretty sure Sil did not go to my favorite store that is not located within 500 miles of here.  If she did go without me, I just might have to take her birthday away.  I can do that.  I've been to a training.  Besides, she could not leave me out of a trip to that store up there because we would have way too much of a good time wearing scarves and boots and dangly earrings together.   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I would like to go to the training called taking birthdays away. That is a talent I would like to learn only for myself!!